Oklahoma Baptist University has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated pianist-educator. The successful candidate will enhance the work of the Division of Music through the effective recruitment of talented undergraduate piano students, strong private and classroom teaching, and collaborative service to the School of Visual and Performing Arts and Oklahoma Baptist University.
· Recruit and teach undergraduate, piano majors
· Direct and manage all aspects of the Piano Pedagogy program
· Develop a private piano studio
· Coordinate and contribute to the training and supervision of students pursuing a career related to piano performance and/or piano pedagogy
· Assist with securing and supervising part-time keyboard instructors
· Teach additional undergraduate music and/or fine arts courses according to expertise and the needs of the School of Visual and Performing Arts
· Teach undergraduate music majors whose principle applied area is not keyboard
· Teach undergraduate elective piano students
· Oversee inventory and maintenance of the Piano Pedagogy Resource Center
· Foster a high level of excellence and the overall good reputation of piano program
· Develop relationships with pre-undergraduate state and regional piano teachers as both a service to their students as well as recruitment for the School of Visual and Performing Arts
· Demonstrate personal musical and academic excellence through activities such as solo and chamber music recitals, adjudication, conference presentations, and research publications
· Attend appropriate state and national conferences as beneficial both to professional development and to the School of Visual and Performing Arts
· Oversight of acquisition and maintenance of keyboard instruments
TO APPLY: Applicants must submit a letter of application, and OBU Faculty application form: https://www.okbu.edu/hr/documents/applications/faculty.pdf , Statement of Faith, vita, three current letters of recommendation, and graduate transcripts. Review will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Scan completed application along with other requested materials and send to email@example.com.
Minimum requirements for candidates is as follows:
Must be an active member of a local evangelical church and be willing to commit to the vision and mission of Oklahoma Baptist University.
Education: Master’s degree in Music; DMA(or the equivalent) preferred.
Experience: 3 years teaching at a level commensurate with collegiate teaching; successful teaching in both private and collegiate levels preferred.
About Oklahoma Baptist University
Oklahoma Baptist University is a private, Christian liberal arts institution with more than 2,000 students and 350 faculty and staff, on a 200 acre campus in Shawnee, Oklahoma. OBU transforms lives by equipping students to: pursue academic excellence, integrate faith with all areas of knowledge, engage a diverse world, and live worthy of the high calling of God in Christ. Oklahoma Baptist University welcomes applications from qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. A candidate's religious beliefs and practices will be considered in the light of the University's mission. Applicants must submit a letter of application, and OBU Faculty application form to: https://www.okbu.edu/hr/documents/applications/administrative.pdf, a vita, three current letters of recommendation, and graduate transcripts. Review will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Scan completed application along with other requested materials and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.