Job Title: Production Manager
Reports To: Director of Production
FLSA Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the community we serve. Goodspeed Musicals is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible workplace environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, non-gender binary/trans individuals, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), and people with disabilities are STRONGLY encouraged to apply.
General Statement of Job Function: The Production Manager will support the Director of Production in the re-alignment of the department, with primary focus being on day to day operations in support of productions onstage.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee planning and progress across all production departments as it pertains to all productions.
- Work with the Director of Finance, Director of Production and Artistic Administrator to evolve best financial practices in budgeting and planning for the department.
- Work with the Director of Finance, Director of Production and Artistic Administrator to monitor departmental budget projections.
- Oversee creation of production calendars and schedules including design deadlines, build deadlines and build benchmarks; including assuring goals are met.
- Oversee departmental purchasing as requested by the Director of Production.
- Oversee departmental Inventory Management
- Participate in recruitment, hiring, onboarding and retention of production department staff.
- Develop and implement OSHA approved safety practices and procedures for the production department and the institution.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule, plan and lead production meetings
- Coordinate production department requirements for organizational events such as Galas
and PR events
- Participate in the development of the Organizational Calendar
- Participate in LORT/USA negotiation prep
- Other duties as requested