Job Title: Director of Finance
Reports to: Managing Director
FLSA Classification:Full-Time, Exempt
Wage/Compensation Range: $110,000-$120,000/year, insurance, paid time off, and paid
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the community we
serve. Goodspeed Musicals is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible
workplace environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, non-gender
binary/trans individuals, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), and people with
disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
General Statement of Job Function: The Director of Finance will join the senior operations
team to oversee and manage all financial systems of Goodspeed Musicals with an annual budget
of approximately $14M. A colleague who values collaboration, enjoys process improvement, and
excels at project management, the incumbent will work to advance the mission, vision, and
values of one of America’s leading musical theatres.
The Director of Finance has the primary responsibility for Goodspeed Musicals’ finance
operations, including day-to-day accounting processes and financial reporting. This position
reports to the Managing Director and partners with senior management and a dedicated finance
team to ensure the organization’s overall financial health through the creation and monitoring of
detailed budgets and forecasts, seeking to improve and maintain the financial health of the
organization. Key duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop, monitor, and reforecast the annual operating budget with department heads,
General Manager and Executive Office.
• Supervise the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for Executive Office,
Finance and Investment Committees, and Board of Trustees; including P&L, balance
sheet, cash flow, department and show reports, and others as assigned.
• Supervise accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll processing and benefits
• Manage annual audit, 990 preparation, and state charitable registrations, ensuring
compliance with GAAP as needed.
• Manage cash flow, cash balances, short-term investments, and all banking relationships.
• Oversee monthly close process, reviewing general ledger accounts for accuracy and
• Serve as Plan Sponsor of the organization’s retirement plans.
• Liaise with third-party on all matters associated with organization’s endowment.
• Function as the staff liaison to the Finance and Investment Committees of the Board of
Trustees, including minute taking and agenda/materials preparation.
• Serve as liaison/thought-partner with outsourced bookkeeping provider on weekly and
• Other duties, as assigned.