Office Manager - Theatre
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign has an opening for an Office Manager- Theatre, College of Fine and Applied Arts. The position oversees the daily office management and coordination of departmental systems for managing student records, departmental timetable, and calendar; facilitates faculty needs for teaching and research.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare timetable each semester from receiving course information from area heads to reserving rooms. Effectively schedules courses, avoiding room and instructor conflicts and setting restrictions for courses designed for special populations, using knowledge of Banner and departmental resources.
- Create and maintain a department event calendar. Special event coordination including orientation week and convocation. Arrange special comp ticket requests and managing the distribution of Invited Dress Rehearsal tickets.
- Oversee the efficient functioning of departmental operations including elections for Advisory Committee, Faculty Senate, and other positions as needed and overseeing university required trainings and information submissions like Report of Non-University Activities (RNUAs), Ethics, Title IX, etc to ensure departmental compliance. Maintain inventory of office supplies for the Department of Theatre and CAD Lab. Be the UPS mailing contact. Take minutes at departmental meetings. Assist with searches.
- Process new acquisitions, transfers, and disposals through FABweb and complete biennial inventory for the Department of Theatre. Book travel and hotel accommodations for faculty.
- Responsible for overseeing daily office maintenance: mailboxes, lights, workstations, shredding, waste, and copier, phones, and Technology Services.
- Collect Syllabi from faculty each semester electronically. Maintain Instructor contact hours per semester and enter online.
- Order textbooks and desk copies for faculty as needed.
- Properly use and process T-card and P-card receipts in a timely manner.
- Oversee facilities management of Department of Theatre spaces and guest artist apartment. Liaison with KCPA Building Operations, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts Room Reservations, and Campus Room Reservation to make room requests, changes or communicate concerns. Respond to calls regarding Armory Free Theatre. Process keys for off-site departmental use and Krannert Center key forms.
- Serve as Department of Theatre contact for international students, Office of Admissions and Registration, College of Fine and Applied Arts Technology Services, and the Graduate College.
Serve as initial contact for prospective student visits, process applications to be housed in the department and assist with recruitment events as needed.
- Enter scholarships into the Degree Awards System (DAWS) for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Assist students with course overrides; add/drops, etc.
- Give or arrange tours of Krannert Center for the Performing Arts for prospective families and guests.
Handle aspects of graduate student admissions and issues for graduate student recruitment.
- Maintain graduate student files handling program requests and changes of program/section.
- Coordinate graduate student fellowship forms, committees, appointments, and exams.
- Certify graduate degree completion, determine honors, and complete any other options at graduation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years (24 months) of work experience comparable to the third level of this series. (Per SUCSS class specifications.)
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years experience in an office or theatre setting.
The successful candidate will have the following-
- Knowledge and ability to work in Microsoft Excel and Word
Additional Physical Demands
The critical nature of this position to the success of Theatre students necessitates that the employee be able to work in the office with all levels of staff professionally and with a minimal amount of tardiness and absenteeism.
Office space is limited with various duties being performed by staff, faculty, and students in close proximity. There is considerable daily student traffic in the office along with peak times when an abnormal number of students will be entering the office for a variety of purposes. This necessitates a cheerful, cooperative employee able to carry out tasks in a busy environment.
Sitting for long periods of time, lifting up to 25lbs
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 3266 - Office Manager position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary is commensurate with experience. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on May 31, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. If required by the position, transcripts or other documentation of credentials are to be provided no later than the first day of employment. For further information about this specific position, please contact Cathy Feely (firstname.lastname@example.org). For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing email@example.com.
Requisition ID: 1017614
Job Category: Administrative Support
Apply at: https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=4199078&targetURL=.
Requisition ID: 1017614
Job Category: Administrative Support
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu
To apply, visit https://illinois.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/6403?c=illinois
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency