| Location: Louisville, KY Category: Adjunct Positions Posted On: Thu May 18 2023 Job Description: |
The Bellarmine University Music Department seeks applicants to serve as an Adjunct Faculty member in Applied Voice.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching students applied voice lessons--The instructor will work with all registered students to find a day and time for their weekly voice lessons
- Attending rehearsals, student juries, student department recitals, Vocal Music Area Performance Class, student recital performances, faculty or guest artist recitals, master classes, competitions, student auditions, weekly rehearsals and performances of choirs or other ensembles as needed, and support for studio and/or other academic courses.
- May require some evening and weekend availability for student recitals and other performances
- Master's degree in vocal performance required, doctorate in vocal performance preferred
- Three years' experience teaching voice lessons
- Experience teaching lessons to beginning, intermediate, and advanced students
- Ability to support students during their lessons with the melody to their songs on the piano
- Classical training with experience teaching and performing in additional genres (e.g., musical theatre, jazz, choral, commercial, etc.)
Bellarmine University is committed to core values of diversity, equity and inclusion and embraces diversity in our workforce among members of faculty, staff and administration. We remain committed to affirmative actions, policies, procedures and attitudes necessary to continue to build and retain a diverse and equitable workforce. We will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of our increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential. As part of Bellarmine's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, we will seek to ensure that all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, job assignment, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, layoff and termination processes remain free of discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.