Loudoun County Parks, Recreation & Community Services (PRCS) is dedicated to connecting all communities through exceptional people, parks, and programs. Our goal is to make Loudoun the community of choice through outstanding experiences while promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. We celebrate the strengths of individuals and collaborate to deliver programs and community services that provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Come be a part of something that matters!
We're seeking qualified applicants for a Preschool Teacher. This position provides learning activities for preschool children; establishes and enforces basic rules to maintain classroom order; and promotes physical, mental, and social development through games, arts, crafts, music, and field trips.
A successful candidate will have great interpersonal skills and the ability to discuss the development of children with parents and plans assignment for Preschool Aides. Our team embraces the uniqueness of each child, inclusive of all individual abilities or needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and provides varied, educational, and recreational activities to meet all preschool children's physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs.
- Supervises children's behaviors, communication, and involvement.
- adheres to staff-to-student ratios.
- follows established policies, procedures, interactions, and disciplinary issues.
- Ensures health and safety of children in the program and performs daily health checks.
- ensures toys and equipment are safe for children's.
- handling of food and food service items.
- reports incidents and follows emergency protocols.
- Communicates with parents, staff, and site school personnel and participates in team meetings.
- May perform other essential job functions specific to the position and department assignment.
*Work schedule is from Monday - Friday. Available hours may vary by locations; Lovettsville, Lucketts, Purcellville, Bluemont, Leesburg, Sterling, South Riding*