The Executive Director will be responsible for growing the organization’s capacity. The ED runs the organization with full authority to execute the business and staff management on behalf of the Co-Founders and Owners. In this capacity, the primary responsibilities include day-to-day strategic oversight and decision-making; staff management; annual budget planning; monthly financial planning and management; fundraising; and financial strategy to collaborate and execute the mission of the organization and the vision of the business owners and our partners. The ED will oversee high-level, day-to-day operations with the ability to delegate tasks to current team members.
DNAWORKS was founded in 2006 by Daniel Banks, Ph.D., and Adam McKinney, M.A., DNAWORKS is a Fort Worth-based arts and service organization dedicated to furthering artistic expression and dialogue, focusing on issues of identity, culture, class, and heritage. DNAWORKS was founded to center Global Majority and LGBTQQ2SPIAA+ voices and experiences to create more complex representations of identity in and through dance, theatre, film, writing, and art installation.
The essential functions of this job require effective communication and computer work, as well as the ability to be responsive to changing circumstances, think and pivot quickly and gracefully, and be comfortable and experienced at expressing needs and boundaries. Clear, honest, courageous communication is key.
- Design, implement, update, maintain, and execute DNAWORKS’s Strategic Plan with an emphasis on fundraising, finance, organizational structure, and operations
- Fundraising strategy, planning, execution, and activities of all fundraising programs
- Manage the Development contractors or staff
- Achieve all financial development goals
- Oversee annual giving campaigns with Development contractors or staff
- Direct and lead institutional fundraising with foundations, corporations, and government entities
- Oversee communications with donors and patrons when it relates to fundraising or institutional advancement, ensuring mission-aligned practices are being used in stewarding our patrons
- Oversee staff management of the CRM database and ensure that best practices are being used in recording and analyzing data
Financial Management and Operations
- Manage the creation of the organization’s annual operating and capital budgets
- Manage financial reporting systems and operations to ensure that all directors and managers have the information needed to manage individual budgets
- Responsible for all external financial reporting of the organization
- Represent DNAWORKS in communications with external agencies that have the power to govern or influence financial or administrative demands within the organization
- Provide additional support for and attend meetings, fundraisers, events, celebrations, and special artistic events (galas, open houses, etc.)
- Recruit, train, coach, and manage all non-production staff and consultants
- Ensure that DNAWORKS’s employment policies and reporting comply with all applicable rules and regulations
- Ensure that DNAWORKS’s employment policies and employee handbook are current and complete and support the organization’s staffing goals and needs
- Foster a culture of teamwork, generous collaboration, clear communication, effective delegation, and mutual support