Join a vibrant equity-minded campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. The Department of Kinesiology invites applications for a Temporary Instructor position in the Health and Physical Education Teacher Certification (HPE-TC) program. The position begins August 2023.
West Chester University, a member of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, is a public, comprehensive institution committed to offering high-quality undergraduate education, selected post-baccalaureate and graduate programs, and a variety of educational and cultural resources for its students, alumni, and citizens of southeastern Pennsylvania. The University offers more than 100 graduate and undergraduate programs in the sciences and mathematics, business and public management, arts and humanities, health sciences, education and social work, music, and interdisciplinary studies.?We are a community of educators dedicated to developing graduates who succeed personally and professionally and contribute to the common good.
The Department of Kinesiology, part of the College of Health Sciences, is committed to educating all students in the development of a healthy, active lifestyle while preparing majors for careers in the teaching, exercise, and therapy professions. The Faculty and Staff are active scholars and professionals who love teaching and are committed to student success, scholarly endeavors, and community service.
The incumbent will teach undergraduate coursework in the Health and Physical Education Teacher Certificate (HPE-TC) program. Courses may focus on instructional methods (pedagogy), physical activities (e.g., net & wall games, invasion games) and/or supervision of student teachers.
The appointment will be for an academic year, with the possibility of renewal. The typical course workload involves teaching 6 credits per semester.
- Teach undergraduate courses in the health and physical education teacher certification program. Additional courses within area of specialization may be assigned based on departmental needs.
- Provide in-person teaching and instructional learning.
- Collaborate with other departmental faculty and staff to ensure student success.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Physical Education, Health Education, or related field.
- Experience teaching health and physical education in a K-12 setting.
- Doctoral degree with a focus in Physical Education, Health Education, or related field; and/or
- Experience teaching health and physical education coursework at a university level; and/or
- Active scholarship in the Health and Physical Education field (Traditional or Applied).
Salary per three-credit course is $6,543.57.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Due to the temporary nature of this appointment, employment visa sponsorship is not available.
Apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/wcupa. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applicants must successfully complete the application and interview process to be considered as a finalist.
Required Documents for Consideration
To be considered as an applicant for this opportunity, must submit the following:
- Cover Letter – highlight unique strengths/expertise, experience, and interest in position
- Curriculum vitae
- List of three references (include name, title, email address, and telephone number)
Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty and staff advances WCU’s educational mission and strategic Plan for Excellence. West Chester University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.