Position: Marketing & Communications Director
General Summary: A member of the Asolo Rep leadership team, the Marketing & Communications Director administers the activities of a full-service in-house agency responsible for marketing, branding, public relations, sales, customer service, and front-of-house operations for the organization. Supervises the marketing and patron services (box office and front-of-house) department and manages outside agencies and contractors. Collaborates closely with other departments to advance the organization’s long-term and day-to-day interests. Promotes the mission of Asolo Repertory Theatre in all areas of responsibility and action.
- Hire, Supervise and Develop marketing personnel which include, but are not limited to, Associate Marketing Director, Patron Services Manager, Public Relations, Video/Media and Design staff, and Patron Services staff.
- Works most closely with: Managing Director; Producing Artistic Director; Board of Directors and its sub committees; Director of Development; Director of Education; Finance Director and IT staff
Essential Job Functions:
The Marketing & Communications Director plays the lead role in a broad range of data-inspired, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven activities that extend the Theatre’s influence. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Align artistic ambition with savvy creative services that effectively build the Theatre’s brand and the brand of each production in the marketplace to deliver a positive brand experience to all guests that engenders support for the institution
- Develop and carry out a comprehensive communications strategy and plan to establish and achieve goals for branding, public relations, sales, and community awareness
- Develop subscription, single ticket, membership, group, and other ticket programs and campaigns to identify, cultivate, attract, steward, and retain audiences from year to year:
- Optimize sales and revenue through goal-setting, yield management and pricing
- Administer multi-channel campaigns to include database marketing, direct mail, telemarketing, e-commerce, and media planning
- Project and budget subscription and single ticket revenues based on historical sales trends and pricing of house; set and manage pricing; maximize revenue by implementing dynamic pricing strategies in coordination with overall organizational goals
- Execute innovate audience development strategies with a focus on increasing patron loyalty, maximizing revenue and increasing audience diversity
- Develop reporting and analytics to generate key sales, financial, and statistical analyses to effectively track sales and financial performance
- Employ industry-leading digital strategies and tools that extend the Theatre’s reach to the broadest potential audience
- Partner with the Development Director to provide marketing and communications services that help achieve
objectives for annual fund, planned giving, capital and other fundraising programs
- Partner closely with the Muriel O’Neil/Community Foundation of Sarasota County Education & Engagement
Director to help achieve the Theatre’s education objectives
- Oversee marketing for the FSU/Asolo Conservatory for Actor Training productions
- Manage an audience development committee of the Board of Trustees and contribute to Board activities
- Develop essential partnerships with organizational colleagues and peers within the community and industry that
expand the Theatre’s reach and impact
- Lead the Theatre’s research efforts to maintain a culture inspired by data, with relevant key performance indicators
- Develop and oversee an annual marketing & communications budget
Job Performance Standards:
- The Producing Artistic Director should feel that the total Asolo Rep experience is in alignment with the quality and artistic vision of its productions.
- The Managing Director should be comfortable that the operational aspects of the Department not only further the cause of Asolo Rep but do so in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Senior staff should feel supported in their endeavors through the efforts and the processes of the Marketing Department and should value that department as a true partner.
- The Marketing Department staff should feel motivated and valued. Everyone should feel encouraged to grow and assist others in growing. The team should feel “anything is possible.”
- All stakeholders, internal and external, should feel well informed; clear, consistent communication is essential.
- People who experience Asolo Rep should be favorably motivated.
The essence and values of Asolo Rep should be upheld and furthered