DESIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Commitment to fundraising and institutional advancement in pursuit of the mission.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Organized, attentive to details, and oriented to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and build a strategy to achieve a goal.
- Interest in authentic work with diverse communities and cultures, and commitment to advancing anti-racism in mission delivery and the workplace.
- Discretion in handling confidential information.
- Passion for global or other kinds of music, dance, and the mission of Global Arts Live.
- At least two years of professional experience fundraising from individuals, ideally with a membership program in a nonprofit organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with a Customer Relations Management system such as Tessitura.
- Experience with Donor Search or other prospect research tools, a plus.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, walk up and down stairs, and lift 30 lbs.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with non-traditional workplace experience and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to arts and culture, returning to work after a gap in employment, or ready to take the next step in your career path, we will be glad to consider your application.?Please use your cover letter to tell us about your experience and what you hope to bring to this role.?
- Global Arts Live offices are located at 720 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA, and concerts are currently held at different locations in Boston, Somerville, and Cambridge.
- Work is generally performed in the office and at events, with some flexibility for working remotely.
- Some night and weekend work at concert events required.
- Application Deadline: June 9. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible since interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
- Please create a single pdf with your cover letter, resume, and references. (We will give you advance notice before contacting your references.) In your cover letter please mention how you heard of this opportunity.
- Email the pdf to email@example.com, with “IGM” and your Last Name, First Initial, in both the email subject line and pdf name.
- All applicants will receive a request from our Business Office to participate in a two-minute demographic survey, as part of our commitment to conducting an equitable hiring process. Your responses to this survey are optional, anonymous, and will only be used to assess the aggregate diversity of our candidate pool. Responses will not be shared with the hiring manager or used to consider your job application. Thank you in advance for completing the survey.