POSITION DESCRIPTION: St. Paul’s School seeks a full-time Technical Director in the Arts Department to support all our Performing and Fine Arts productions and performances. Position to begin duties in August of 2023. Faculty or staff status is negotiable. If faculty status, additional duties will be required.
The Technical Director works closely with the Theater Director, Dance Director, Music Director, Head of the Arts Department, all contracted designers, over hired staff, and School Facilities team, as well as with students. The ideal candidate will demonstrate dependability, vision, proactivity, and organization, as well as passionate proficiency in their technical knowledge and care when working with students.
- Construct scenery, hang and focus lighting equipment, assist with props, set pieces, and sound for all productions and performances during the academic calendar;
- Broadly responsible to ensure each production and performance runs smoothly from first technical planning meetings through rehearsals and last curtain;
- Collaborate with the Director of Theater and oversee and train students in the technical theater program;
- Coordinate equipment moves for performances;
- Oversee the Technical Director budget, including the acquisition and upkeep of equipment, systems, and all arts teaching/performance spaces;
- Oversee use and maintenance of the Scene Shop, maintain inventory of technical equipment, tools and supplies, manage arts facilities and arts calendar;
- Enforce safety guidelines for all teaching/performance spaces;
- Collaborate with and support various departments and student groups throughout the school with technical expertise and attend and support a variety of events held in Memorial Hall and other performance spaces;
- Flexibility in scheduling will be required to accommodate evening and weekend rehearsals, productions, and performances, based on production needs throughout the year;
- Perform additional duties as needed.
St. Paul’s is a completely residential, co-educational, Episcopal, secondary school in Concord, NH, welcoming to all faiths. St. Paul’s seeks applications from candidates who will promote the School’s commitment to attracting and retaining a highly talented and diverse faculty. A successful candidate will have a demonstrated gift for engaging a diverse student body and strengthening St. Paul’s School community. If hired as a faculty position, a successful candidate for a faculty position will embrace the fully residential living experience and, in addition to teaching or administrative responsibilities, be responsible for a variety of activities typical to the boarding school environment, including advising, dormitory association, coaching, committee work and other duties.