MAPCDS is a highly collaborative environment where passionate teachers guide children on a path of joyful learning and discovery through a progressive framework, largely inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy. Teachers here are thoughtful, curious, flexible, collaborative and self-motivated.
We are seeking a Music Specialist to work with our children across all age groups.
Cultural competency, warmth and strong communication skills are essential.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Design and implement a developmentally appropriate music curriculum which aligns with the values of our Reggio-inspired early childhood program and promotes musical exploration, creativity and expression for children through 5 years old
* Facilitate children’s joyful exploration of sounds, rhythms and instruments
* Provide exposure to a variety of musical genres and cultural traditions
* Encourage children’s participation in singing and movement activities
* Document and reflect on student learning and progress
* Work collaboratively with classroom teachers to integrate music naturally in to the life of the school and to assess children’s musical development
* Participate in professional development opportunities to stay current with research and best practices in early childhood music education
* Curate resources for parents regarding music learning in young children
Understanding of child development and early childhood education is required.
Piano proficiency is a plus.
We welcome the perspective of new teachers who seek to contribute to the overall quality of our school culture.
MAPCDS seeks to advance the diversity of our community through both hiring and admissions and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion or sexual orientation.
Teachers who hold a Bachelor's degree in a music related field and/or early childhood education and have at least two years of group teaching experience are encouraged to apply. This position could be full or part-time, to be determined in collaboration with the ideal candidate.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our history and program, please see our website at www.mapcds.org.