| Location: gardner, MA Category: Part Time (Non-Benefit) Posted On: Tue Apr 11 2023 Job Description: |
General Statement of Duties
Summer Adventures Counselors will work for the Division of Lifelong Learning and Workforce Development (LLL&WFD). Responsible for supporting and implementing curriculum and learning experiences for students in grades kindergarten through high school. Responsible for the safety of the students in the group. Counselors will work alongside Instructors to provide students with a safe environment to nurture age appropriate social and emotional skills in a summer program setting.
The 2023 Summer Adventures program begins Monday, June 26th and ends on Friday, August 4th. Programs will not meet on Monday, July 3rd and Tuesday, July 4th. Employee training and course preparations begin the week of June 20th.
- Support a variety of small and large group activities relating to topics including, but not limited to, STEM, Theatre, Art, Fitness;
- Prepare and maintain an organized work environment and participate in daily cleaning tasks;
- Assume additional related duties as requested;
- Monitor student groups in all types of environments (indoors, outdoors, large and small groups) and identify safety concerns and alerts;
- Appropriately address and communicate with students and other employees;
- Know, understand, and enforce all policies and emergency procedures associated with the Summer Adventures program and MWCC.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old by June 20, 2023;
- Have experience and enjoy working with youth and teens or;
- Have a strong interest in STEM, Theatre, Art, Fitness;
- Show ability to support and help implement lessons including games and crafts;
- Candidates must be flexible with hours and changes that occur daily;
- Be available June 26 - August 4, 2023 for various times, Monday-Friday.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND APTITUDES:
- Ability to support and implement Summer Adventures curriculum and activities;
- Ability to maintain an upbeat & positive attitude with students, co-workers and the college community;
- Ability to work as a member of a team while accepting direction;
- Ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Bachelor's degree or;
- Prior experience in summer programs for youth and teens;
- College course work in education or discipline involving instruction;
- Certifications in CPR (child and adult levels) and basic first aid- current.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Status: Part Time Seasonal
Hours per Week: Varies by placement. Between - 8:00a to 3:30p, Monday through Friday
Number of Weeks: Up to 7 weeks
Mount Wachusett Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.