| Location: Gardner, MA Category: Part Time (Non-Benefit) Posted On: Tue Apr 11 2023 Job Description: |
General Statement of Duties
Summer Adventures Instructors will be responsible for leading and implementing curriculum and learning experiences for students in grades kindergarten through high school. They are also responsible for the safety of the students in the group. Instructors will provide students with a safe environment to nurture age appropriate social and emotional skills in a summer program setting. Instructors will also mentor and oversee Counselors of the program. Instructors responsibilities could be applied to any section of the Summer Adventures program, including STEM, Theatre, Art and/or Fitness programming.
The 2023 Summer Adventures program begins Monday, June 26th and ends on Friday, August 4th. Programs will not meet on Monday, July 3rd and Tuesday, July 4th. Employee training and course preparations begin the week of June 20th.
- Organize, develop and lead a variety of small and large group activities relating to topics including, but not limited to, STEM, Theatre, Art, Fitness;
- Complete other assigned operational tasks before and after the class as directed;
- Provide fun and educational experiences indoors and/or outdoors for all students;
- Identify and respond to student's needs, concerns and behavioral issues;
- Communicate with parents regarding the student's experiences and daily activities;
- Report a student's concerns to the Manager of Youth Programming;
- Oversee and mentor a Counselor each week;
- Know, understand, and enforce all policies and emergency procedures associated with the Summer Adventures program and MWCC.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age by June 26, 2023;
- Prior experience in summer programs for youth and teens or;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Be available June 26 - August 4, 2023 for various times, Monday-Friday.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND APTITUDES:
- Ability to lead and implement Summer Adventures curriculum and activities;
- Ability to maintain an upbeat & positive attitude with students, co-workers and the college community;
- Ability to work as a member of team; and the
- Ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Bachelor's degree;
- College course work in education or discipline involving instruction;
- Certifications in CPR (child and adult levels) and basic first aid- current.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Salary: $25 - $40 per hour depending on experience and placement
Employee Status: Part Time Seasonal
Hours per Week: Varies by placement. Between - 8:00a to 3:30p, Monday through Friday
Number of Weeks: Up to 7 weeks
Mount Wachusett Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.