Role Title: Toddler Classroom Assistant Teacher
Fair Labor Standards Act Classification: Non-Exempt, 12-month position
Reports To: Head of School
Hours: 8:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Westside Montessori School (WMS) is looking for a Toddler Classroom Assistant Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. WMS is searching for candidates who enjoy and are passionate about working with children 18 months to 3 years old. Candidates who have an interest in working in and learning about a classroom that follows Montessori principles are encouraged to apply.
The Toddler Assistant Teacher is a full-time position responsible for assisting the Toddler Lead Teacher. This role includes, but is not limited to:
- helping with daily activities including snack and lunch set up and clean up, dressing and undressing, toilet, nap time, music and art, practical life activities, sensorial work and cooking projects and outdoor play.
- ensuring a continuous flow of the classroom when the Lead Teacher is giving lessons to individual students or to small groups
- modeling and fostering a developmentally appropriate level of independence for Toddlers
- learning and using a Montessori approach, emphasizing hands-on learning with Toddlers
- engaging in collaboration with all faculty members
- encouraging and teaching children to interact with each other in kind and gentle ways
- helping to maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
- respects and protects the privacy of children, parents, and staff.
- follows the guidance of the Lead Teacher
The well-grounded candidate will have experience working with younger children students. We are looking for candidates who possess:
- a High School diploma
- a lifelong desire for continuous personal growth and professional learning
- the ability to support a learning environment that engages students
- commitment to the principles and goals of Montessori education
- US work authorization
Westside Montessori School is an equal opportunity employer.
Westside Montessori School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality or ethnic origin with regard to hiring, admission or in the administration of any of its programs.