Part-Time Lower School Music Teacher, Contra Costa Jewish Day School
August 10, 2023- June 10, 2024
The Contra Costa Jewish Day School (CCJDS) is a K-8 independent school with 175 students, accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
We are seeking candidates for the 2023-2024 school year for a part-time music teacher for grade K-5. This is a 20% position that could be either one full day per week or two half days per week. Our music program includes a wide variety of opportunities for students, including but not limited to: singing, instrumental instruction (percussion, xylophones, ukulele, recorder), dance, and music theory. CCJDS offers small class sizes, teaching assistants, a supportive environment, true dedication to professional growth, and an innovative approach to learning. We seek outstanding candidates of all backgrounds.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Teaching experience
- A passion for working with students with a range of abilities, learning styles, and multiple intelligences
- Experience teaching a differentiated, student-centered curriculum
- Experience creating a nurturing, mutually respectful environment both in the classroom and with colleagues and administrators
- Effective classroom management skills
- Experience and training with the Orff Method (or a willingness to learn)
Benefits & Compensation:
- Compensation:commensurate with experience $45-$75 Hourly rate
- Generous Professional Growth Budget
The Contra Costa Jewish Day School welcomes qualified applicants with a variety of talents, interests, backgrounds and perspectives. CCJDS does not discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or physical disability in the admission of students or the employment of staff, nor does it tolerate sexual harassment.
For more school info visit: https://www.ccjds.org
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Dean of Faculty, Curriculum & Instruction