Mackintosh Academy, a co-educational independent school serving gifted students in grades K through 8th, is seeking a Performing Arts (PA) Specialist Teacher for the 23/24 academic year. Mackintosh Academy presents an exceptional opportunity to work with bright, dedicated, and creative students and colleagues in a highly innovative and naturally beautiful setting. We seek a candidate who values the balance of an intellectually challenging and creative program with developmentally appropriate and research-based practices. Our low student-teacher ratios allow for individualized instruction and a holistic educational approach for the whole child. Our PA teacher works collaboratively with lower and middle school colleagues to implement an artistically strong, child-centered and differentiated curriculum for our K-8 student population.
- Coordinates IB performing arts curriculum planning and implementation via a highly collaborative relationship with all grade-levels, specialist teachers, and curriculum coordinators.
- Teaches developmentally appropriate vocal and instrumental music, performance arts (ie: storytelling, improv, musical theater), and movement to children grades K-8th. Experience with directing play productions and familiarity with Orff pedagogy are desirable.
- Directs lower and middle school plays and musicals throughout the year and facilitates musical and theatrical opportunities for all of our students including, but not limited to small student ensemble and theater groups.
- Supports the social and emotional development of the students. Key components of our daily life include: morning meetings, rituals & routines, service and leadership opportunities, middle school houses/advisory (6 - 8), all-school gatherings, and spring experiential trips.
- Implements a variety of best instructional and assessment practices including but not limited to the integrated use of educational technology, design-thinking, experiential education, and project-based learning.
- Responsible for facilitating our state-of-the-art performing arts center (Great Hall) for formal and informal performances/use including providing music accompaniment for school gatherings/events.
- Maintains proactive and professional communication with parents, colleagues, and administration.
- Participates in staff meetings, events, and serves on various committees. Supports the overall mission of the school.
- Other duties as assigned
Please send/email cover letter, resumé, statement of educational philosophy, and supporting materials to email@example.com, Attn: Libbi Peterson, Middle School Director
Mackintosh Academy - Boulder is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial and marital status, age, socio-economic status or disability. Mackintosh Academy - Boulder is committed to fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion among our employees, school community, and beyond.