North Carolina A&T (N.C. A&T) State University
Professor/Director of the Center of Excellence in Entrepreneurship
Academic Career & Executive Search is pleased to assist North Carolina A&T (N.C. A&T) State University in its search for Professor/Director of the Center of Excellence in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
For full consideration, please apply by April 20th.
This position is an exceptional opportunity at a strong and growing R2 high research activity institution poised to become an R1 very high research activity institution. North Carolina A&T (N.C. A&T) State University seeks a Director of the Center of Excellence in Entrepreneurship and Innovation with an opportunity for an Endowed Professor role in the Division of Academic Affairs. As Center Director, the reporting line will be to the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs. The endowed professor role will hold a faculty appointment in the Deese College of Business and Economics most related to the academic and scholarly background with a reporting line to the relevant Dean. N.C. A&T will consider non-academic candidates who can demonstrate a clear understanding of academic culture, and commitment to student success in a research environment.
The Center of Excellence in Entrepreneurship and Innovation will be an engine for economic development that merges a strong entrepreneurial culture and reputation with exceptional entrepreneurship education, cutting-edge research and application, and high quality corporate and community engagement to prepare students, faculty, and staff for entrepreneurial careers. The mission of the Center of Excellence in Entrepreneurship and Innovation is to foster a spirit of creativity, exploration, design thinking, and entrepreneurial achievement across the campus and in the local community.
This is a 12-month position with open rank. Candidates pursuing the endowed role require the credentials to qualify at the level of full professor at the time of hire.
- Master’s degree in a related field;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the research efforts of the Center of Excellence in Entrepreneurship and Innovation;
- Evidence of entrepreneurial achievement and familiarity with design and/or systems thinking methods and ability to promote across campus and in the local community;
- Proven record of accomplishment in initiating ad leading new projects, programs and/or product development, in a commercial, not for profit or governmental setting;
- Creative and openminded with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with, lead, motivate and influence others;
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated evidence of resourcefulness and flexibility, outreach, and team building;
- History of leadership and active engagement with diverse entrepreneurship professionals, academics, and the community.
This position offers the option for an Endowed Professor role. If desired, the following additional requirements apply.
Minimum Qualifications for Endowed Professor role (if desired):
- Earned doctorate;
- History of high-quality teaching in entrepreneurship and innovation, or strategic management, preferably in an AACSBaccredited business school;
- Have a history of innovative course development and delivery skills at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Demonstrated active research stream supported by extramural funding and publication record qualifying for the rank of full professor at time of hire.
- Experience in an academic setting. N.C. A&T will consider non-academic candidates who can demonstrate a clear understanding of academic culture, and commitment to student success in a research environment.
- Career and workforce development experience including the ability to interface with area businesses regarding their needs and how to best prepare students to meet those needs.
- Experience managing budgets.
About the Institution
Located in Greensboro, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (NCA&T) is one of 17 institutions of The University of North Carolina (UNC) System and is an 1890 Land-grant doctoral research institution with a distinction in STEM education. The university is committed to fulfilling its fundamental purposes through exemplary undergraduate and graduate education, scholarly and creative research, and effective community engagement.
NCA&T is ranked third in research funding in the UNC System, behind UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State University since 2005.
As the University moves forward with plans to achieve R1 status, a new strategic plan for 2030 is being developed. The University recently released its new mission statement centering on advancing the human condition. https://www.ncat.edu/provost/mission-and-vision.php
Dr. Harold L. Martin Sr., an NCA&T alumnus has served as Chancellor since 2009. The Aggies compete in Division I of the NCAA and have been a member of the Mid-Eastern Atlantic Conference since 1969; as of July 1, 2021 NC A&T will join the Big South Conference.
The university is comprised of the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences; College of Business and Economics, College of Education; College of Engineering; Honors College; College of Health and Human Sciences; College of Science and Technology; and the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering, which is in collaboration with The University of North Carolina at Greensboro. The University offers 59 undergraduate degrees, 35 master’s degrees, 11 PhD programs, 43 online programs, and 45 certificate programs.
NC A&T provides a dynamic learning experience to all students that is responsive to current critical needs in higher education and in the disciplines. To learn more about the Division of Academic Affairs and its strategic plans, visit: https://www.ncat.edu/provost/academic-affairs/_files/doaa---p2023-refresh-goals.pdf
Living in the Area?
Offering a 16.1% lower cost of living than the national average, Greensboro, a city of 284,000, is a thriving, civic-minded city with something for everyone: shopping, restaurants, Symphony Orchestra, Community Theater, Opera Company, Civic Ballet, galleries, golf courses and many outstanding public and private recreation areas and facilities including more than 90 miles of trails for hiking, biking, and walking.? It was voted a Top 10 Green City by Livability.com.???
Greensboro is situated in the Piedmont Triad, an area of great natural beauty, diverse industry, cultural arts, and mild temperatures. North Carolina’s mountain resorts are an easy two-hour drive from Greensboro and the beaches of North and South Carolina are three to four hours away. The Research Triangle is about an hour and a half away. More information is available at: http://www.piedmonttriadnc.com/.??
For full consideration, please apply by April 20th.
To be viewed by the search firm, you must apply directly at: https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjygxtg6
Please apply through the application link and do not email applications.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and curriculum vitae. Ideally cover letters should not exceed two pages. All applications are treated confidentially.
Inquiries, referrals, and nominations are also treated confidentially.
Inquiries and questions: Please send to NCATDirectorCOE@acesrch.com
Nominations and referrals: Please send the nominees’ name, title, and contact information if available to email@example.com .
Institution’s EEO Statement
North Carolina A&T State University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. No one who applies or seeks employment will be denied admission to or employment at North Carolina A&T State University on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or sexual orientation and sexual identity.