| Location: Boston, MA Category: Faculty Posted On: Mon Feb 27 2023 Job Description: |
Bunker Hill Community College seeks a full-time, tenure-track theatre faculty. The College is looking for an enthusiastic, cutting-edge professional with teaching credentials and experience to revise and expand the theatre program of study to align the major with baccalaureate transfer opportunities and 21st century workforce needs and careers. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a growing area. The successful candidate must be current in the field, equity-minded, learner-centered and innovative, with a history of teaching experience as well as curriculum and program development.
- Foster an equity-minded, learner-centered environment that values and sustains students' cultural wealth.
- Work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population.
- Teach a range of new and existing courses in Theatre, including a theater production and acting for majors and general education.
- Teach in different modalities, including in-person, remote, and hybrid.
- Use new technologies in the classroom, as appropriate, to complement and supplement instruction.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives and student learning outcomes and competencies.
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom using outcomes-based assessments.
- Lead development of theater program of study and participate in ongoing curriculum review, assessment, development and modification.
- Align the theatre program with state university programs and develop articulation agreements with top transfer institutions.
- Develop one or more stackable certificates in technical theatre specializations such as lighting, sound design and stage design.
- Maintain expertise in area of teaching responsibility.
- Participate in on-going professional development.
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Master's degree in theatre required. Master's degree or doctorate in a closely related field with core coursework in theatre will be considered if graduate transcript(s) are submitted with application.
- Experience in college-level teaching of theatre required; community college teaching experience preferred.
- Experience in the professional practice of theatre required.
- Experience in curriculum design and program development.
- Willingness to learn about and implement culturally responsive curricula and teaching practices.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population.
- Demonstration of success teaching in different instruction modalities preferred.
- Experience with technical theatre program in academia and/or industry preferred.
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College's locations.
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications for this position.
Salary Range: $55,000.00-$66,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By March 31, 2023
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.