Williamsburg Northside School, Brooklyn NY is currently interviewing for a 3s Head Teacher.
Williamsburg Northside School is a private, progressive institution located in Williamsburg Brooklyn, serving children 2 through 6 years old (2s, 3s, PreK and K). Stemming from the Reggio roots planted in its long-running preschool program, Northside takes a decidedly student-centric approach to learning that puts autonomy, self-discovery, and iterative practice front and center. It blends a robust, project-based environment with the most innovative and proven curricular approaches from around the world.
Job Responsibilities: Head Teacher 3s
Lead Teachers Responsibilities:
- Crafting developmentally appropriate curriculum that is rooted in the students’ curiosities and interests (Reggio Emilia Approach)
- Meeting and collaborating with grade-level partners (2s/3s) and administrators on a regular basis to plan and implement student and supports and develop ongoing curriculum
- As Northside is an inclusive setting, head teachers must differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners
- Collaborating with enrichment specialists for a variety of projects (e.g. art, music, world language)
- Establishing and maintaining positive and effective family relations through respectful and reciprocal parent communication in-person and via email
- Maintaining weekly classroom communications with parents via our blog site
- Leading a teaching team of two assistant teachers, and guiding them in their use of differentiated instructional strategies, facilitation in student-centered learning activities, and growing to be an integral member of a professional learning community
- Working collaboratively with Administrators to set goals for growth and actively work towards meeting these objectives
- Establishing classroom management utilizing the positive discipline approach
- Modeling and facilitating prosocial interactions between all members of the school community
- Carrying out classroom management utilizing the positive discipline approach
- Promoting respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core value of the school, a shared responsibility in partnership with the school community
- Conducting regular assessments of student growth and achievement in all developmental areas and working collaboratively with the rest of the teaching team to craft individual student portfolios reflecting the individuality of each student
- Actively participating in a positive school culture through shared responsibilities, attending regular faculty meetings, special events, and professional development trainings
We are seeking a dedicated and creative full-time educator who has a passion for early childhood.
- Experience in early childhood education in a certified child development center
- Knowledge of early childhood development, pedagogy, and instructional strategies
- Master’s Degree in Education or currently enrolled in a degree program
- Background or experience in special education is a plus
- Strong oral communication skills and confidence in the ability to work with parents
- Must meet the Department of Education and Department of Health qualifications as specified in its policy manual (background check & fingerprinting)
Send resumé and cover letter to Amanda DiMeo at email@example.com. Expected start date of April 3rd.