Summary of Position
WESTAF seeks a Social Responsibility & Inclusion Coordinator who has a growth mindset, is partnership-driven, and possesses a high level of emotional intelligence. The position and workflow is designed for someone who is incredibly flexible, thoughtful and collaborative. They bring creativity, positive energy, joy, and passion toward our collective efforts to co-imagine an arts field that is more equitable and where access to resources is more liberatory. The person is also comfortable with working collaboratively and independently in a remote (virtual) environment.
The SRI Coordinator will assist in the administration of awards and network programs in collaboration with the rest of the SRI team and WESTAF’s diverse and expansive network of allies and partners. They will also work with staff across the organization to shape and execute policies and procedures that communicate WESTAF’s mission, vision and values.
Awards Programs (45%)
The SRI Coordinator will assist the Grants Specialist awards administration by supporting measures for and monitoring awardee compliance with award terms, and assuring WESTAF’s alignment with generally recognized grants management best practices through a lens of equity and inclusion. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Disseminating approved award announcements, contracts and agreements, reports as well as processing payments, award adjustments, extensions, timelines.
- Serving as a primary contact for the team and coordinating communication as needed.
- Assisting with the development and monitoring of improved operations, streamlined processes, and working cooperatively to execute grant programs effectively, addressing issues necessary to enhance desired outcomes.
- Issuing approved awards, including award letters, grant award agreements and any other required documentation.
- Sending final reports to funders in collaboration with relevant staff.
- Maintaining files of all award documentation, communications with grantees, and all other information needed for the purposes of programmatic, audit, and funder compliance.
- Assist in ensuring award documents comply with WESTAF’s funder requirements, including National Endowment for the Arts General Terms and Conditions and the Federal OMB Uniform Guidance.
- Assisting with the production of organization-wide granting activity for the National Endowments for the Arts and other funding sources as well as for the state arts agencies, board, external program evaluators, auditors, and for WESTAF’s management and staff.
- Using approved templates for applications, award documents, reports and workflows for use by SRI.
- Entering approved timelines and tasks in the team’s project management system.
- Entering approved award programs in the grants management system.
- Assisting with protocols for the team’s use of the grants management system, including training and supporting SRI to operationalize the use of the system daily.
- Participating in ongoing needs assessment for WESTAF’s grants data system needs.
Program Coordination (45%)
- Launching all of the following approved program-related documents in accordance with developing and established departmental standards:
- Program announcements and marketing materials
- Program applications
- Program guidelines
- Status mailers
- Review panel policies and procedures and related documentation
- Awardee recommendations
- Awardee agreements and related policies
- Program reports
- Reports to funders
- Supporting the team in planning and implementing in-person and virtual events.
- Assisting in the coordination of panels and other workshops and convenings.
- Ensure the timely, accurate and efficient processing of payments.
- Pulling reports from various internal systems.
- Conducting assigned research related to the team’s work.
WESTAF Initiatives (10%)
Each fiscal year, WESTAF leadership crafts initiatives that deeply connect to the organization’s overall mission, vision and values. Some initiatives align with the SRI team’s annual work plan and objectives and key results. Over and above those initiatives, the employee will join colleagues in work across the organization to help advance our collective goals. Involvement is largely selected by the employee and can support the use of various areas of expertise and/or provide opportunities for professional development. The employee will work with their supervisor to ensure that their involvement is balanced according to their work priorities. This will include a mix of the following:
- Participation in one or more of WESTAF’s internal working groups in organizational culture, business, equity, marketing, policy and/or other areas.
- Collaboration in relevant objectives and key results from other teams that align with SRI goals.
- Active participation in virtual and/or in-person all-staff and cross-department gatherings.
- Support the onboarding of new staff from other teams.
- Participation in the “buddy” system.
- Other areas as needed and/or initiated by the employee.