The Conservatory of Music at Oberlin College and Conservatory invites applications for the position of Conservatory Admissions Counselor. This is a full-time, non-continuing appointment effective immediately through June 30, 2023.
The Oberlin College Conservatory of Music, founded in 1865, is the nation’s oldest continuously operating conservatory, and the only major music school in the country linked with a preeminent liberal arts college. Students are enrolled in undergraduate programs leading to the Bachelor of Music in performance, composition, electronic and computer music, jazz, music history, and historical performance. The Conservatory also offers Performance and Artist Diplomas in performance areas, an Artist Diploma in Piano Technology, and a postgraduate program in Recording and Audio Production.
Reporting to the Acting Director of Conservatory Admissions, the Conservatory Admissions Counselor will enthusiastically and effectively promote the value of an Oberlin Conservatory education to prospective students, parents, and school counselors. Assist with the implementation of procedures and programs for attracting, evaluating, and matriculating Conservatory students. Participate in educational events, college fairs, information sessions, and recruitment activities as a representative of the Conservatory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accurately present Oberlin and the Conservatory to students, parents, secondary school counselors, and alumni in small and large group settings;
- Support campus visit activities and programs by counseling prospective students and their families, conducting information sessions and tours, and hosting special visiting groups;
- Correspond with admissions prospects, students, alumni, parents and educators;
- Assist with audition event planning and implementation;
- Assist with developing and implementing marketing campaigns and initiatives that ensure accurate and compelling representation of the Oberlin education and student experience;
- Assist with maintaining the Conservatory Admissions web pages;
- Interact with current student ambassadors;
- Support office efforts with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives;
- Other duties as assigned.