Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Middle School Performing Arts Technical Manager
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full-time Middle School Performing Arts Technical Manager. We are looking for individuals with a degree in theater production or a related field who have experience working in an academic setting with Middle or Upper School students. Experience working specifically in independent, public, private, or charter schools, is a plus.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Serve as the production manager, sound engineer, lighting and projection designer for the theater, dance, and music programs
- Assist faculty and administration with technology for presentations
- Train and supervise students in best practices for stage management, lighting production, and sound production while ensuring a safe and efficient execution of these elements
- Work closely with performing arts faculty and students on the execution of their designs
- Collaborate with faculty directors on their vision
- Maintain the performing arts facilities and equipment with the performing arts faculty
- Have knowledge of Vectorworks, Arkaos, Qlab, as well as ETC Ion lighting console and Shure wireless microphone system
- Utilize experience with electrical wiring, carpentry, and rigging to set lighting, sound, and video equipment
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Engage in professional and personal development and commit to growth in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Have working knowledge of set construction and basic carpentry skills
- Participate and initiate opportunities that demonstrate one's growth, knowledge, and skills
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Middle School Director or the Senior Administrative Team
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
The salary range for this position is based on annual $70,00 - $90,00 and will be prorated according to the period of time the candidate is employed in this role.
COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school may be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Director of the Middle School