WILLCOX UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
480 NORTH BISBEE AVENUE
WILLCOX, AZ 85643
TITLE: Music Director/Teacher, Grades 5-12
- Employment as classroom teacher with proper certification required in accordance with the Arizona State Teacher Certification Board.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Governing Board may find appropriate, acceptable, and reasonable with all parties concerned.
REPORT TO: High School and Middle School Principals
JOB GOAL: To help each participating student achieve the highest possible level of skill, acquire an appreciation for the values of musicianship; and to acquire an increased level of self-esteem.
Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Instructs individual participants in the skills necessary for positive achievement in each musical seasonal activity.
- Plans and schedules a regular program practice and rehearsal in preparation for seasonal activities at the high school level, and such programs, contests, and concerts at both high school and middle school levels.
- Coordinates information and gives input to the two principals per #2 above.
- Recommends requisition and purchase of musical equipment, supplies, uniforms, and attire as deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for inventory of district owned musical instruments, music, supplies, and instrumental repair tools.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, and other required paperwork regarding requisitions/purchases.
- Oversees and supervises safety conditions of the area and of the facility in which classes are conducted.
- Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition at both high school and middle school levels.
- Enforce discipline and appropriate student behavior at all times, on or off campus. Establish penalties for breaches of such standards by students in accordance with district policies.
- Maintains a level of personal conduct which will serve as a role model for the students. Maintains membership in national/state music associations namely, MENC, AMEA, ABOD. Membership to be paid yearly by the school district.
- Adheres to the rules and regulations of the Arizona Interscholastic Association.
- Such other functions as may be reasonably assigned.
- Have at least one major performance for the public each semester, performed in the High School auditorium.
- Requires hearing and vision (corrected) in normal range necessary to perform required tasks.
- Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board's policy on evaluation of support staff (GCN).