APAP believes that pay transparency is a critical step toward pay equity and benefits both the job seeker and the employer. For those reasons, we are now requiring that employers include a salary range in all new job postings.
Postings that are backfilled from another association’s career center may not include salary information.
About us: Connelly School of the Holy Child is a small business in Potomac, MD. Our goal is to Connelly School of the Holy Child is a Catholic, college preparatory school, committed to the intellectual, spiritual, artistic, physical, and social development of young women in grades 6 through 12. The school emphasizes academic challenge, joy of learning, and education of well-rounded women of faith and action. Building an inclusive and diverse school community is a priority for Holy Child, and we are committed to hiring faculty and staff with diverse experiences and backgrounds, to empower our students to connect and grow. Our Core Values are to Believe, Belong, & Become!
· Teach Vocal Music and General Music in the Middle School and Upper School (Grades 6-12th) including vocal ensemble, chorus, 7th and 8th grade general music, and musical theatre coaching for school productions
· Teach Upper School Vocal Ensemble – Vocal technique for liturgical, jazz, classical, Broadway, incorporate sight-reading in lessons, compile a repertoire for various occasions/events
· Direct choral activities: prepare concerts and events by selecting repertoire for middle school chorus, upper school chorus, Vocal Ensemble, organize student performances in collaboration with other performing arts faculty and Director of Visual and Performing Arts
· Prepare middle school and upper school chorus for liturgical services throughout the year in collaboration with Campus Ministry Leader regarding choice of liturgical music for all masses
· Foster a classroom environment that is conducive to the intellectual, social, and emotional development of young women
· Communicate effectively with Director of Visual and Performing Arts and Department Chair
· Work as a team with other teachers in the department, including sharing space and equipment
· Communicate effectively and consistently with students, parents, staff, and community.
· Maintain appropriate records, student progress reports, and follow required procedures and practices.
· Integrate the use and care of technology, equipment, materials, and facilities adequately
· Participate in weekend and evening hours required for after school programs, rehearsals, performances, and events.
Bachelor’s Degree in Music with teaching experience in various levels of secondary education 6-12th grade
Master’s Degree preferred
Experience directing middle school and high school choir
Proficient/strong piano performance skills preferred
Knowledge of healthy vocal technique to teach liturgical music, jazz, and musical theater
Proven experience engaging students in classroom experiences that foster critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity
Experience using a variety of pedagogical strategies to teach students 6-12th
Ability to collaborate to develop and plan curricula.
Ability to work closely with the instrumental program and performing arts faculty
Willingness to work collaboratively with administration, faculty, and parents
Commitment to embrace the school’s mission and values
Genuine enthusiasm, personal warmth and passion for teaching and inspiring a love of learning
About Connelly School for the Holy Child
Connelly School of the Holy Child Founded in 1961 by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus as a college preparatory school for girls grade 6-12. The school is part of a network of 33 Holy Child schools in the United States, Europe and Africa, which is guided by the educational philosophy of Cornelia Connelly. Holy Child enrolls approximately 300 students every year from the Washington, DC metropolitan area as well as across the globe. Holy Child creates a personal learning experience with an 8 to 1 student to faculty ratio and offers fine arts programs as well as competitive sports teams in soccer, field hockey, volleyball, basketball, cross country lacrosse and more. Service is part of the Holy Child curriculum and students last year completed 5,000 hours of community service.