APAP believes that pay transparency is a critical step toward pay equity and benefits both the job seeker and the employer. For those reasons, we are now requiring that employers include a salary range in all new job postings.
Postings that are backfilled from another association’s career center may not include salary information.
Assistant Director of Forensics/Faculty in Communication Studies
Location: Moorhead, Minnesota
Higher Education Institution
The Communication Studies and Theatre Art (CSTA) Department at Concordia College seeks a colleague who aspires to be part of a diverse community that affirms an abundance of identities, experiences, and perspectives. Concordia values faculty who are collegial and who view themselves foremost as educators and possess a commitment to scholarship to inform their teaching. The College is proud of the professional and international knowledge and experience that faculty bring to the classroom and strives to develop global, ethical, and entrepreneurial leaders for all types of organizations.
CSTA strongly encourages applications from colleagues with diverse backgrounds who will contribute to the development of our increasingly diverse campus community.
Invitation to apply
The CSTA Department invites applications for an assistant director of forensics/instructor. This is a two-year fixed term (with possibility of renewal), fully benefited position beginning August 16, 2023. Salary based on preparation and qualifications.
· Teaching load of 5 courses per academic year (Two courses one semester; three courses one semester. Each course is equivalent to four credit hours).
· Instruction of the college-wide required hybrid course that includes interpersonal, group, and intercultural communication and public speaking.
· Speech and parliamentary debate coaching.
· Travel to collegiate tournaments, and events related to recruitment.
· Full-time hours during the academic year (varies based on events that may include evenings, weekends, etc. and workload).
· Advisement of undergraduate majors, participation in departmental projects, and involvement in college-wide activities and service.
· Potential instruction of some additional Communication undergraduate courses.
· Administrative duties related to the forensics team.
Required · Demonstrated success in coaching and/or participating in collegiate forensics.
· Demonstrated commitment to excellence in classroom teaching.
· Personal philosophy in sympathy with the aims and objectives of a liberal arts college.
· Ability to teach the college-required course that includes interpersonal, group, and intercultural communication and public speaking.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Master’s degree in Communication Studies or related field.
· Ph.D. in Communication Studies completed by August 1, 2023.
· Demonstrated success in coaching and/or participating in the 11 AFA speech events.
· Demonstrated success in coaching and/or participating in parliamentary debate.
· Experience and demonstrated success in classroom teaching.
Language without limits: creating a world where everyone understands.
For over 60 years, Concordia Language Villages, based in the beautiful North Woods of Minnesota, has been boldly and optimistically pursuing a vision of peace and understanding by introducing learners to the languages and cultures of our world.
We are advocates for language learning and we take pride in our role in creating more language advocates. It is through exposure to language and culture that we believe we can best serve our mission: to prepare young people for responsible citizenship in our global community.
With an annual enrollment of approximately 10,000 young people and 1,500 adults, we offer a wide variety of options with sessions varying in length from one weekend to four weeks. All language levels are welcome, from beginning to advanced. Our villagers come from all 50 states and more than 40 countries.
We are a program of Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota.