- Master's degree in Music Composition
- Teaching Experience of undergraduate level music composition
- Solid knowledge of orchestration fundamentals
- Experience collaborating with orchestral musicians
- Familiarity with Google Sites, Google Spreadsheets, and G-Suite
- Active artistic practice with ongoing work in the Orchestral field
- Experience producing and managing recording sessions
- Experience working in common Learning Management Systems to manage class related materials, communication and processes.
For full consideration, please submit the following application materials through Interfolio. We do not accept electronic applications sent by email.
- Cover letter addressing teaching philosophy and diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in the classroom and/or other academic work
- Names and contacts of two references
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, childbirth, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, reproductive health decision making, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/sustainability