Marketing Coordinator, USC Radio Group
Marketing Director, USC Radio Group
University Relations/USC Radio Group
Los Angeles (with a Hybrid Schedule)
Americaâs major classical stations KUSC Los Angeles and KDFC San Francisco are hiring for a Marketing Coordinator position to support its marketing efforts to attract and engage a large and diverse audience of classical music fans across the state and beyond.Â This is an opportunity to work with the countryâs most dynamic and successful classical stations, and to develop their growing brand.
USC Radio Groupâs mission is to make a positive impact on individuals and communities by championing the power of classical music. Our goal is to nurture a love of classical music for all, and we have an ambitious growth plan, including new on air, online and in-person engagement, to help achieve it.Â The Marketing Coordinator will be a critical member of the team as we launch new initiatives in the next few years.
USC Radio Group is the largest classical music public media service in the U.S.Â It includes two major classical stations. KUSC is located in downtown Los Angeles and serves communities throughout Southern California. KDFC is located in downtown San Francisco, serving the Bay area and other communities in Northern California.Â The stations are licensed to the University of Southern California, one of the leading research universities in the nation, with a respected commitment to classical music, arts and the community.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for managing and developing email campaigns, such as the newsletter and targeted lists, that inspire people to engage with our Classical California offerings and ultimately to financially support the station voluntarily.Â The team is constantly developing new ways to find new fans attracted by our content and to build a lasting relationship with them through CRM, inbound marketing, external marketing, PR and events.Â The candidate will also assist with public events and with various tasks that keep the marketing department running efficiently and effectively.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Marketing Coordinator is a key member of the Brand Team.Â S/he executes the USC Radio Group vision and champions its culture and values.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Implementation of brand promise and coordination of brand assets across the company.
- Create, own and manage the robust Marketing Calendar for the two legacy brands as well as any new sub-brands and signals across the state.
- Write effective email campaigns to targeted users based on brand and business goals.Â Â Â
- Work closely with a creative content team to target and delight key segments of the audience.
- Compile research and audience data to target audience segments and track the customer journey through our CRM platform.Â Â
- Work with an audience insights analyst and marketing director to understand our consumersâ motivations to craft compelling creative ideas and executions that capture peopleâs attention and hearts.
- Assist Marketing Director and Events Manager at various events in the community that engage our classical brand with a human touch.
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Passion for digital media welcome.
- Oversee and own the Marketing PO Process.
- Assist in tracking Marketing expenses.
- Proactively seek feedback and adapt to changes in direction.
- Track KPIs that demonstrate growth & engagement in email strategies.
- Understand the donor journey from sampling our service to financially supporting it
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure cohesive and consistent messaging to prospective and existing customers.
- Assist in creating clear and compelling power point presentations for the Marketing Director for internal and external stakeholders.
- Be comfortable multitasking.Â
- Have experience working with CRM/Hubspot preferred.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director to manage external agencies/vendors and internal communications.
- Contribute to an inclusive environment, building and maintaining strong cross-functional relationships and a deep understanding of organizational and university cultures.
- Uphold the USC Code of Ethics.
- 2 to 4 years min relevant experience in PR or marketing role.
- Excellent writing skills.Â
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, concepts, methodology, and techniques of CRM, Hubspot preferred.
- Excellent verbal skills.Â
- Demonstrated creative and artistic skills.
- General computer skills
- Highly organized
- Experience in design, newsletter layout, Powerpoint and/or Photoshop desirable
- Expertise in Inbound marketing and CRM techniques.
- Affinity for the Arts, especially classical music.
- Knowledge of/experience in public service media a plus.
- Passion for the written word desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to work with deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external teams to keep projects on track.
- 2 to 3 years project management experience preferred.
- Minimum Bachelorâs Degree in PR, English, Marketing, communication, or other relevant fields.
- MBA a plus
- Combined work experience/college education as substitute for minimum education.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary, commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefit package
The hourly rate range for this position is $24.86 - $28.85. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâs work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum educationMinimum Experience: 2 yearsMinimum Field of Expertise: Marketing, publications, public relations, business administration, communication, advertising or related field experience. Knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.