The League of American Orchestras leads, supports, and champions America’sorchestras and the vitality of the music they perform. Its diverse membership ofmore than 1,800organizations and individuals across North America runs the gamutfrom world-renownedorchestras to community groups, from summer festivals tostudent and youth ensembles,from conservatories to libraries, from businessesserving orchestras to individuals who love symphonic music. The nationalorganization dedicated solely to the orchestral experience,the League is a nexus ofknowledge and innovation, advocacy, and leadershipadvancement. Its conferences and events, award-winning Symphony magazine, website,and other publicationsinform people around the world about orchestral activity anddevelopments.Founded in 1942 and chartered by Congress in 1962, the League links anationalnetwork of thousands of instrumentalists, conductors, managers andadministrators, board members, volunteers, and business partners. Visit americanorchestras.org.
The Development Coordinator reports to the Senior Director, Development and isresponsible forproviding high level administrative support for the members of the League’s development team.
Hours:20 per week / flexible and remote
• Manage all gift and donor-related data entry (institutional and individual), maintaining clean and up to date data
• Coordinate all gift acknowledgments and pledge reminders in a timely manner
• Coordinate annual fund mailings, including mail and email merges
• Coordinate donor information and generate reports and queries as requested
• Maintain donor lists for online publications and other purposes
• Prepare donor briefings for Board and donor/prospect events and meetings
• Provide research support for prospective individual and institutional donors
• Provide scheduling support and background materials for VP of Development and other staff for donor meetings
• Assist with management and preparation of materials for the Development and Governance Committees of the Board
• Keep invitation and RSVP lists for development events as needed
• Work collaboratively with members of all departments
• Other duties as assigned
BA and/or relevant work experience required. Prior experience in a non-profit environmentpreferred. Demonstrated willingness and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.High proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and communicate professionally withstaff, board, and donors.
The League of American Orchestras is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Please submit acover letter and resume to email@example.com“League Development Coordinator”in the subject line. No phone calls please.