Position Type: Faculty
Department: Continuing Education
Union/Non Union: Non Union
Full Time or Part Time: Part Time
Job Description Summary:
The instructor is responsible for the coordination, planning, preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction and related activities during the day, evening, or weekend via instructional delivery formats to include face-to-face, hybrid, online, and remote. Face-to-face and hybrid classes may be offered on any Prince George's Community College campus, or at off-campus locations. The instructor must remain current in the discipline area and continually explore teaching methods and strategies to engage learners, organize and plan instructional content that accommodates diverse learning styles, and devise appropriate assessment tools that monitor student learning outcomes. The instructor is also responsible for participating in related activities to include professional development, academic advising, curriculum design.
- National fitness certification (ACE, ACSM, AFAA or equivalent).
- Current CPR/AED certification.
- Experience with a variety of group fitness formats preferred.
- Minimum one year experience teaching group exercise preferred.
- Knowledgeable in techniques and dynamics of group fitness.
- Knowledgeable in exercise physiology, human anatomy, and physical fitness.
- Must be available to work weekday mornings Monday-Friday. Work schedule is subject to change based on department needs.
- Lead fitness class by demonstrating moves and routines, providing modifications as necessary.
- Provide a safe, motivating and inclusive group instruction for seniors age 60 & older of all fitness levels.
- Provide music licensed for group exercise classes for each session.
- Able to teach strength training and cardiovascular exercise.
- Available at 15 minutes before & after class to answer questions and help with setup/take down of exercise equipment.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- Prince George's Community College is committed to providing a safe campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Prince George's Community College values the safety of its students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students, faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or tested for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu.Application Status
; you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is immediately sent to your references listed on your application. Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background investigation.
Prince George's Community College is committed to providing a safe campus community. PGCC
conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.