International School of Brooklyn (ISB) is an independent, non-profit school that is known for its innovative and robust PreK-3 to 8th Grade French and Spanish language immersion program and International Baccalaureate curriculum. The ISB learning experience is driven by six core values: inquiry-based learning, diversity, global curriculum, language immersion, community, and international mindedness. Dedication to these values enables ISB to develop each student’s creativity, critical thinking, global citizenship, and intercultural understanding.
International School of Brooklyn is dedicated to ensuring that our school’s commitment to an inclusive and just world is reflected in all aspects of our school: in our classrooms, school culture, policies, and practices. ISB’s comprehensive commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion requires all staff and faculty members to actively and thoughtfully engage in work, training, and reflection around identity, anti-racism, and anti-bias. All staff and faculty members are expected to promote an inclusive and equitable school community.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and be open to learning about how implicit biases in race, ethnicity, gender identity, and socioeconomic class can shape curricula and pedagogy. Preferred candidates will have experience implementing anti-racist and equitable practices in their teaching and work.
ISB seeks Preschool/Elementary School Music Teacher (Maternity Leave Replacement) August 31- 2022-January 3,2023
Description of position
The Lower School Music Teacher will be responsible for teaching students in Pre- K 3 through Grade 4. Our music program is designed to foster a lifelong love of music for all students, therefore the successful candidate will have experience in working in an early childhood environment that nurtures students’ love for music through performances and developmentally appropriate curriculum and instruction. The Lower School Music Teacher will work closely with the Grade 5 - Middle School Music Teacher, as well as the classroom teachers and other co-curricular teachers, to continue to build on our current program and teach units of inquiry. The successful candidate must demonstrate a passion for teaching music and understand the important role music plays in both the social/emotional development and academic growth of the youngest learners within our school.
- Experience teaching preschool or elementary music, preferably in an international school setting, or with students from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Degree in music/theater or related subjects or significant experience/skill in these areas
- Supportive, student-centered approach and ability to differentiate instruction
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A dynamic educator with a willingness to innovate and inspire
- Strong knowledge and understanding of developmentally appropriate instructional practices within preschool and elementary school context
- Strong classroom management skills, appropriate for early childhood age students
- An ability to communicate well with all ages of lower school students, staff, and parents
- Has a positive attitude and is committed to collaborating with others
- Is knowledgeable on current research, curriculum, and pedagogy related to early childhood music instruction
- A desire to lead music performances, music shares within the school, and promote a life-long love of music across the lower school community
Applying for this position:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Rosa Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org
About International School of Brooklyn
International School of Brooklyn (ISB) is an independent, non-profit school known for its innovative and robust PK-8th Grade French and Spanish language immersion program and International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum. The ISB learning experience is driven by six core values: inquiry-based learning, diversity, global curriculum, language immersion, community, and international mindedness. Dedication to these values enables ISB to develop each student’s creativity, critical thinking, global citizenship, and intercultural understanding.
BACK TO TOP
APAP Job Bank is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else APAP has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at APAP Job Bank.