| Location: Des Plaines and Skokie, IL Category: Adjunct Faculty Posted On: Tue Jul 19 2022 Job Description: |
Oakton is looking for qualified Music faculty to teach Applied Voice, Choir and/or Applied Conducting
- Construction of a course syllabus, consistent with the generic course syllabus, that stipulates course objectives, content, and grading criteria,
- Preparation of course presentations and instructional materials, for lecture, and laboratory and clinical functions (as appropriate),
- Delivery of instruction, including being prepared for and meeting courses and laboratories (if appropriate) at scheduled times,
- Consultation with and evaluation of students,
- Maintenance of clear records on student performance, as well as any other factors, such as attendance involved with the grading of students,
- Compliance with departmental and institutional policies and procedures including but not limited to submission of midterm and final grades, keeping office hours, and decisions regarding instructional matters such as texts, assignments, grading standards, and adhering to provisions of the OCCFA contract, and Compliance with institutional procedures.
Part-time faculty are paid on a lecture hour equivalents (LHE) basis. For most courses, the LHE is the same as a credit hour. For others, the LHE represents additional work for teaching the class, such as grading papers for Composition classes or teaching a class with a laboratory section (computers, languages, and the sciences); in those cases, the LHE represents a figure higher than the credit hour. All part-time faculty start at the beginning pay rates, regardless of the level and type of experience obtained elsewhere. Those rates are $1173/LHE for faculty without doctorates and $1243/LHE for faculty with doctorates for the 2022-23 academic year. Starting salary may change due to the completion of the Adjunct Faculty contract.
Part-time faculty advance one step within the salary schedule with the successful completion of 2 fall & spring semesters where 3+ credit hours are taught in each semester.
Master's degree in Music, with teaching experience in the specific area of discipline or for applied music, a bachelor's degree with professional experience in the teaching area
Prior college teaching experience in specific area of discipline is preferred.
Additional Qualifications or Position Requirements Unique to This Search
Teaching experience in voice and choir with a possibility of teaching applied conducting. Bachelor of Music in Voice Performance.
Part-time faculty are hired on a semester-by-semester basis. A reasonable effort is made to assure the assignment of courses to more senior part-time faculty who are fully qualified by virtue of their education, training, work experience as related to current technology and pedagogical techniques, and who have had a history of successful performance at Oakton College.
All assignments are conditioned on sufficient enrollment. Once a course starts, the part time faculty member is expected to complete the course.
Please contact Matthew Robitaille at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or experience problems in submitting your application.