-Teaching the full range of jazz dance techniques throughout the semester that will result in a Dance to be in the Student Theatre Showcase at the end of the Semester.
-Participating in student mentoring in Dance.
-Communicating effectively and professionally with students and staff;
-Teaching assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus and large group instruction classes as needed.
-Otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by State Fair Community College.
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom; AND
· Masters or Master of Fine Arts in Dance or Choreography
· Bachelors or Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance/Drama/Theatre Arts/Performance AND at least 3 years of professional theatre experience in the world of Dance.
· 5-7 years of Professional Theatre experience in Dance and Professional References.
· Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
· Willingness to examine and remediate ones instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
· Experience working with a diverse student population;
· Masters of Fine Arts degree in Dance, combined with significant professional experience;
· Extent of knowledge and proficiency of various techniques of jazz
· Demonstrated ability to work with a budget;
· General knowledge of theatrical technical production;
· Knowledge of current assessment methods and materials;
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff;
· Related work and professional experience;
· Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
· Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
Internal Number: 3513900
About State Fair Community College
In fall 1968, SFCC opened its doors to 436 students in an interim facility just west of the Missouri State Fairgrounds. Since then, thousands have joined the SFCC family as students, faculty, staff, partners, and community supporters to create a legacy of student centeredness and excellence.Today more than 5,000 students throughout our 14-county service area enroll in classes each year, taking advantage of our small classes, superb educators, beautiful campus, and some of the lowest tuition and fees in the state. Join us today!