Communications Associate (CSUN "The Soraya") Job no: 506569 Work type: Staff Location: Northridge Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Major Duties Under general supervision, the Communication Associate supports the YSNC marketing department in marketing efforts through copy writing for marketing materials including but not limited to: promotions, website maintenance, email promotions, press communications, etc. The incumbent supports department by implementing broadcast and print advertisement campaigns, email campaigns, website updates, and PR partnership development.
• Works with Director to execute marketing communications based on defined marketing strategy, with the goal of engaging The Soraya's Audience and the CSUN community through well-crafted communications, particularly through execution of email campaigns and website updates.
• Fulfills ad buys, either broadcast or in print, collaborating with YSNC marketing team to coordinate all elements of design and execution.
• Writes press releases and distributes to various publications, including but not limited to new companies, online news sites, and blogs; maintaining relationships with community and news organizations and companies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3nlho4l
Qualifications • Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college in English, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a job related field.
• Equivalent to three (3) years of full-time professional or technical experience in public affairs, media relations, marketing and/or market research.
• Spanish language proficiency is highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities • Thorough knowledge of and ability to use effectively media outlets including planning media coverage and media publicity campaigns for the university and events. Working knowledge of copyright and other applicable laws pertaining to publications and the media.
• Thorough knowledge of web communication techniques, vehicles and formats. Working knowledge of marketing and research techniques and methods. Knowledge of interview techniques and the ability to define and deliver media messages.
• Thorough technical knowledge of digital communication platforms, including email platforms (i.e. Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Wordfly), web platforms (i.e. Wordpress) and a basic understanding of CRM integration.
• Ability and specialized skills to: apply market research to identify communication needs and target audiences; build and manage more sophisticated media contacts; keep abreast of campus events and subject matter expertise in relation to current events to identify and capitalize on media opportunities that will promote the university and increase positive media coverage.
• Effectively use web technology to achieve communication goals; analyze and select pertinent facts and integrate them into communication vehicles; apply appropriate statistical techniques and methods to research. Strong story development and journalistic writing skills, as well as advanced editorial skills.
• Possession of Internet research skills; excellent English oral and written communications skills; sound judgment skills; computer skills; interpersonal skills; and cross-functional team leading skills. Will be able to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines; highly collaborative team player; demonstrated problem-solving capabilities to determine solutions and options to resolve problems.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule • The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3515-$5000, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3515 - $6358 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
General Information • Applications received through December 16, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101. Advertised: Dec 03, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time Applications close: Open until filled