Reporting to the Visitor Services Manager, the Box Office Manager takes a lead role in shaping and implementing ticketing selling operations and managing the team of ticket sellers, which includes training, scheduling and supervision of student staff. This role is responsible for creating a positive and professional team environment, with attention on the patron experience, and working closely with students enabling them to grow in a complex, customer-facing field. The position is also responsible for shared box office daily operations.
Ticket Selling Coordination
This position takes the lead in implementing ticketing policies for phone and in-person box office transactions and establishing efficient and reliable ticket selling protocols. They hire, train, schedule, support and supervise the team of ticket sellers and student managers. They are chiefly responsible for ticket delivery protocols (printing, mobile delivery and Will Call) and work collaboratively with the Visitor Services Manager and Front of House team to ensure smooth visitor experience in admission and tracking of attendance.
Ticket Selling & Box Office Operations
This position provides professional and exceptional customer service to patrons: community members, Hop Members, students, employees and partner organizations. Participates in the sale of tickets for approximately 300+ events annually across numerous venues. Responsibilities include selling tickets by phone and in-person, and conducting day-to-day operations.
This position shares the responsibility in general Box Office management, like managing inventory, processing complex orders and responding to patron needs. In collaboration with Box Office and other Hop colleagues, they ensure smooth integration between Tessitura and related systems—College databases, payment gateways, ticket printers, scanners etc. They help with configuring events in Tessitura and serve as the supervising manager of the Box Office during assigned times, including shifts on nights and weekends.
Bachelors plus 2-3 years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Substantial experience with Tessitura (or similar customer relationship management platform), including building shows, generating reports and managing data.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as part of a weekly schedule and for specific event needs.
- Experience providing warm, professional customer service and sales in a busy retail environment.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment, balance competing responsibilities, and identify appropriate escalation measures.
- Commitment to working effectively as part of an equitable, anti-racist, anti-biased team and work environment. Related training is a plus.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to effectively work with a diverse group of constituencies.
- Strong sense of initiative and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Be informed about and compliant with ADA and PCI policies.
- Experience working as part of a team in a box office or arts center
- Experience in the creative sector
- Experience with SQL or other database programming languages
Internal Number: 0673000
About Hopkins Center for the Arts at Dartmouth College
The Hop is a hub of performing arts and film for Dartmouth and the Upper Valley of New Hampshire and Vermont. The Hop brings together visiting artists, resident artists, student ensembles and academic departments to produce or present work that represents diverse voices and artistic forms and speaks to important issues. It brings world-class artists to the region, presents timeless works, and incubates new performances.