: The Assistant Professor of Theater/Associate Producer of Theater will be responsible for teaching, directing, recruiting and advising students, and collaborating with other Theater department faculty on the selection and execution of a full theater season. They will also have administrative, artistic oversight and producing responsibilities as the Associate Producer of Theater, reporting directly to the Director of Theater.
The Visiting Professor will teach (3) classes per semester in Directing and Design/Production (with additional potential offerings in Musical Theater,
Direct and/or design one play or musical per semester on the Dreyfuss Main Stage or Barn Theater.
Associate produce the theater season in Dreyfuss and the Barn Theater, working with guest artists, directors, and students to ensure excellence and best practices.
Actively assist in recruitment efforts including attending associated activities such as open houses, recruitment fairs and student auditions.
Advise and mentor Theater students.
Oversight of the burgeoning Technical Theater and Directing programs.
Develop external relationships with professional Theater organizations and higher education institutions to help recruit and retain students.
Collaborate closely with the Director of Theater and Theater faculty, as well as with colleagues in the School of the Arts and other departments at FDU to ensure quality of curriculum and program excellence.
1. Candidates should have an MFA in Directing, Technical Theater, Design, Production, or Theater Management. Candidates with equivalent professional experience might also be considered.
2. Seeking a candidate with a proven professional record in the areas of Directing, Artistic Producing, and/or Theatrical Design & Production
3. Seeking a candidate with at least 3 years of university teaching experience.
4. Seeing a candidate with administrative experience, preferably within an academic framework.
5. Qualified candidates will have experience with and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
6. Candidates should have a record of engagement with work by BIPOC and non-Western writers and artists
7. The qualified candidate should have experience with recruitment of a diverse student population.
8. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Campus: Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
Hiring Manager: David Rosen
Department: School of the Arts-Florham
Internal Number: 7942
About Fairleigh Dickinson University
Fairleigh Dickinson University is a center of academic excellence dedicated to the preparation of world citizens through global education. The University strives to provide students with the multi-disciplinary, intercultural, and ethical understandings necessary to participate, lead, and prosper in the global marketplace of ideas, commerce and culture.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Fairleigh Dickinson University takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Please click on this link to view a federal government poster that explains your Equal Employment Opportunity rights http://www.fdu.edu/admin/eh/fedeeo.pdf
BACK TO TOP
APAP Job Bank is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else APAP has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at APAP Job Bank.