Reporting to the Director of Operations, at the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center at Auburn University, the Operations and Events Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating programs and processes that support facility rentals; internal and external events; patron data and stewardship, and related functions.
The following essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon unit needs. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities of the job.
1. Working with internal university and external clients, provides facility usage quotes and delivers rental agreements ensuring the best use of venues and resources in support of GPAC’s mission.
2. Coordinates internal and external special events including, but not limited to, season announcement, donor and patron receptions, programming and education functions, events in support of GPAC scheduled performances, and other mission based external events.
3. Organizes event set-up logistics by coordinating guest lists and responses, rental equipment acquisition, catering, audio-visual, security, parking, cleaning, and event breakdown; ensuring the event operates in compliance with all applicable Auburn University and GPAC policies and procedures
4. Serves as a point of contact for internal and external constituents including caterers, equipment rental companies, and other suppliers ensuring event contract specifications are carried out. Communicates with other GPAC departments keeping them informed of the event planning process, monitoring event budgets, and answering questions.
5. Provides customer service to patrons by e-mail, telephone, and in-person including ticket sales and sponsorship processing and fulfillment as needed. Takes opportunities to inform customers of relevant special offers, performances, and/or services. Provides positive and accurate information and customer service in response to inquiries and concerns. Actively resolves customer concerns in a polite, friendly, and helpful manner.
6. Creates targeted lists, segments, and reports for GPAC advancement and marketing efforts for current and potential patrons. Works with advancement and marketing in GPAC stewardship efforts of patrons supporting growth of earned and contributed revenue.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
Field of Study
No specific discipline. Years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
Area of Experience
Experience in event planning and management, public relations, or hospitality management.
When a candidate has the required experience, but lacks the required education, they may normally apply additional relevant experience toward the education requirement, at a rate of two (2) years relevant experience per year of required education.
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of event and hospitality planning and management, accounting and budgeting principles, state and federal contract guidelines, basic math knowledge, basic computer operating systems knowledge, event operations protocols and etiquette knowledge. Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
Minimum Technology Skills
Strong knowledge of computer applications in Windows and Mac environments including event management and diagram software, CRMticketing software, and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Office 365 applications (OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
Minimum License and Certifications
CPR and AED certifications required or must be obtained within the first 180 days of employment.
Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Event Planning, Hospitality Management, or relevant field is desired. Experience in the performing arts industry is preferred.
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURNUNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVEACTION/EQUALOPPORTUNITYEMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
About Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center at Auburn University
The Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center at Auburn University is a multi-venue performing arts center consisting of the 1,202 seat Woltosz Theatre and 5,000 capacity Amphitheater at the City of Auburn Lawn and Porch. Our mission is to engage audiences across the university, the state of Alabama and beyond with curated arts experiences that inspire, enlighten and unite.