The Office of the Transfer Center at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, (UTK) invites applications and nominations for our Transfer Evaluator position. We are seeking candidates who can contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
The University and Region
UTK is the state's flagship, land-grant university. We are a Research 1 university with 11 colleges and more than 30,000 students. With new leadership at the system, university, and college levels, UTK is poised for dramatic positive change focused on solving some of the most audacious, pressing problems our country and world face today. The city of Knoxville is a hidden gem surrounded by eight gorgeous lakes, with a beautiful and walkable downtown, a diverse music scene including internationally recognized festivals, active neighborhoods, unique restaurants, and a robust offering of diverse cultural and outdoor activities. UTK is located within easy driving distance to the Great Smoky Mountains, Atlanta, Nashville, Asheville, Charlotte, Louisville and Cincinnati. It is only a day's drive to Memphis, Chicago, and Washington D.C. Knoxville and the surrounding counties have a population of more than 850,000 people.
The Enrollment Management (EM) division comprises more than 170 full-time staff who serve our students through the following departments and functions: Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, Transfer Center, One Stop Student Services, Financial Aid and Scholarships, University Registrar, EM Communications, and Research & Analytics. The Office of Enrollment Management is committed to our Vision, Mission and Values. We are passionate about fulfilling our land-grant mission of accessible education and making an impact that will transform lives through the student experience.
This position utilizes established University transfer policies and procedures to evaluate transfer coursework submitted for admissions, readmissions, and supplements to UT's students' academic history.
Specifically, this position:
* Evaluates transfer credit using Banner (UTK student information system) and OnBase (transfer course evaluation software).
* Decides appropriate evaluation for transfer coursework, in order to complete a UT degree, based on knowledge of UT course disciplines, educational units, and curriculum history.
* Utilizes University transfer policies in order to calculate a transfer grade point average (GPA) on all transfer students that apply to UT. In addition, determine if they meet certain criteria for admissions (Including but not limited to: grade change policies, articulation agreements, Tennessee Transfer Pathways, HOPE Scholarship)
* Assists with evaluation of study abroad course work.
* Adds course credit for Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), International Baccalaureate (IB), Dual Credit Challenge Exams, and Military Credit to students' Academic History.
* Clarifies transfer information to University offices, advising centers, graduation office, orientation office, One-Stop counselors, DARS encoders, NCAA compliance staff, students, parents, and professional staff at other institutions about transfer policies and procedures.
* Notifies current UT students who wish to take summer courses at other institutions of the appropriate UT course equivalents.
Internal Number: 224659
Our primary mission is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world. As the preeminent research-based, land-grant university in the state, UT embodies the spirit of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach, and engagement attained by the nation’s finest public research institutions.