APCO International is looking for a rising star to fill a recent vacancy. The Corporate Outreach Associate will work closely with our commercial members and customers overseeing and executing sponsorship fulfillment and exhibitor participation. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in gaining experience in exhibition and sponsorship management. The incumbent will play a role in managing 4 annual events, working with 275-300 exhibitors and over 70 annual sponsors. The Associate will work closely with the Corporate Outreach Sales Manager and report to the Director of Corporate Outreach. This position is an in-office position located in Alexandria, Va.
Primary duties and responsibilities: · Responsible for all commercial deliverables for all APCO events and commercial activities. Reads agreements thoroughly to compile benefits and track deliverables from start to finish. Consistently follow up on outstanding items/payments, seeks sponsor approval (when necessary), and works with external partners to finalize the production of items.
· Monitor, track and execute purchases made online and follow established SOPs.
· Request, maintain, and track company/sponsor logos, descriptions, URLs, and other information to submit to various internal and external parties.
· Works with the Events Department to understand and develop sponsor logistics and deadlines. Develop communications to sponsors/exhibitors and act, when needed.
· Create registration codes for sponsors; provide clear instructions and assist in problem-solving.
· Identify topics and research speakers for presentations in two theaters in the exhibit hall. Create speaker communication schedule and regularly communicate with speakers providing them with all tools needed for an onsite presentation.
· Works closely with the marketing department. Create and execute social media plan for department, review marketing materials and compile department feedback and provide final signoff.
· Audit reports for non-payment or missing information pertaining to sponsors, exhibitors, advertisers, and corporate partners.
· Manage and execute show management booths and activities in the exhibit hall from start to finish. Responsible for initiating contact, coordinating logistics with external organizations/agencies and vendors with regular communication, information, and deadlines. Review booth diagrams, create specifications, and act as on-site contact.
· Responsible for creating marketing content and providing updates for websites, eblasts, program guide, conference app, etc. for responsible areas.
· Create surveys, reports, and other information, as requested, for various reporting to the Director of Corporate Outreach.
· Works closely with internal staff, external parties, volunteers, and contracted vendors on various projects.
· Attends local events, site visits, and Annual Conference & Expo.
· Participate in regular conference committee, staff, vendor, and planning meetings and calls.
· Assist sponsors and exhibitors with registration, tasks in exhibitor portal, general questions, and trouble-shoot situations, as needed.
· Research and perform analyses, as directed.
· Stays current on industry-related sponsorship and exhibition trends and continuously researches new ideas for in these areas.
· Performs related duties and responsibilities, as required.
· Build and maintain relationships with exhibitors and sponsors.
· Provides accurate and timely information.
· Excellent customer service and professionalism.
· Support the Department as necessary.
· Travel to site visits and planning meetings, as necessary.
· Travel to Annual Conference & Expo to execute on-site logistics.
· Work closely within the Department to ensure deliverables are met.
· Weekly and monthly reporting on various projects, revenue, etc.
· Become proficient in sales, exhibit management software systems.
· Adequately run reports and lists for reporting needs.
· Maintain sponsorship and contact database to ensure accuracy.
· Ensure all sponsorships payments have been received.
· Performs research and other duties as assigned.
Salary: $40,000 to $50,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
APCO International is a membership organization with over 35,000 members in the public safety communications industry and is committed to providing complete public safety communications expertise, professional development, technical assistance, advocacy, and outreach to benefit our members and the public.
Apply Online at https://apco.apscareerportal.com/j/0xj2tf
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Constant team player and active participant.
· Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or other CRM applications.
· Marketing experience, a plus.
· Previous event or exhibition management experience (preferably association).
· Bachelor’s Degree or level of experience that meets job qualification requirements.
· CMP or CEM Certification, a plus.
· Experience in CadmiumCD or similar software, a plus.
Additional Salary Information: Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
About Association of Public-Safety Communication Officials International, Inc.
APCO International is the world’s oldest and largest organization of public safety communications professionals, with over 30,000 members. It serves the needs of public safety communications practitioners worldwide - and the welfare of the general public as a whole - by providing complete expertise, professional development, technical assistance, advocacy, and outreach.