Artist Services, Outreach/Education, Production Services
Summary of Position
This position manages event production (live and digital) and artist servicing details at community venues located in select neighborhoods of Boston and Cambridge and supports both administrative and programmatic areas of Neighborhood Arts, Celebrity Series’ cornerstone community program. In partnership with the Associate Director of Community Engagement and Associate Director of Performance Operations, this position creates a positive experience for audiences, local artists and youth partners on behalf of Celebrity Series consistent with the organization’s values and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advances up to 25 Neighborhood Arts performances and manages all event-related requirements. • Coordinates between artist, venue, and technical crew (video, audio, lighting) to ensure high-quality performances. • Identifies and oversees technical staff and outside vendors to support all artist-related production needs (i.e. A/V, staging, seating, instrument and other rentals, as necessary). Leads production meeting(s) with venue and technical production crew. Prepares paperwork (schedules, itineraries, etc.) and coordinates implementation with the technical team, venue and artists. • Schedules dress rehearsals and serves as primary on-site CS contact for every concert. • Processes payments for agreements such as independent youth contractors, artist hospitality and reception needs.
Digital Streaming (select performances):
• Secures all necessary show information and documents from artist for CS marketing team and tech crew: pre- and post-show music, stage plots, riders, scores, set lists, etc. • Serves as project manager for designed elements relating to digital presentations • Coordinates and supports any in-house video production needs with artist and CS videographer
• Facilitates proactive communication between venue staff, artist, CS, and communications consultant. • Maintains regular contact with other departments to support cross-departmental projects with artist and performance implications
• Regular office hours over 2-3 consistent weekdays plus Saturday afternoon performances and Thursday evening digital premieres as required. Events are held in various venues within Boston and Cambridge.
• 1-3 years experience in concert production desirable. • Demonstrated experience working with culturally diverse artists, technical production vendors, and local venues with respect and sensitivity. • Detail-oriented self-starter who can handle multiple projects at a time efficiently and excels in a fast-paced environment. • Proactive, effective communication and follow through are essential for success in this position. • Familiarity (or willingness to use) Excel, MS Word and online platforms as needed. • Proof-reading skills and attention to detail. • Willingness to take on a variety of tasks and responsibilities and strives to exceed expectations. • Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. essential (assists with load in/out on occasion.)
Additional Salary Information: Part-time non-exempt, approx. 20 hours per week
About Celebrity Series of Boston
With a mission to present performing artists who inspire and enrich our community, Celebrity Series, founded in 1938, has become a mainstay of Boston’s cultural life by bringing a widening spectrum of performers to Boston’s major concert halls. CSB presents over 70 mainstage performances in 8 to 10 different venues, and over 150 community engagement activities annually. Celebrity Series’ audiences experience the world’s great orchestras, chamber ensembles and soloists, and leading artists in contemporary dance, jazz, world, and folk music, and spoken word. Alongside mainstage performances, CSB’s Arts for All! community engagement programs connect it with a dynamic network of hundreds of community collaborators, reaching thousands of individuals annually, through 150+ activities. During the COVID-19 pandemic, performances have been live streamed (free and paid) through its website as Celebrity Series @ Home. While initially pursued as a response to the shutdown of live performances, streamed content will remain an important and complementary strategy when live, in-person performances return. Learn more at www.celebrityseries.org.