The Technical Operations Director is a full-time annual position that shall be responsible for all aspects of the technical preparation and production for a variety of Artis—Naples presentations, special events, receptions and concerts.
• Contact representatives of incoming presentations and events to coordinate production requirements and outline Artis—Naples policies. Be on-site to directly oversee and troubleshoot incoming productions from load-in to load-out.
• Provide for use of contracted equipment, including but not limited to musical instruments, properties, audio-visual equipment, etc.
• Coordinate event specifics with other production personnel.
• Arrange for outside services, including but not limited to keyboard tunings, backline rental, fire watch, page-turners, etc.
• Along with Artistic Operations production team, create schedules for House and Call-In Crew. Distribute crew schedules. Maintain professional relationship with IATSE Business Agent. Maintain crew schedule archive.
• Assist in creating budget estimates for internal and external events. Determine ongoing Artis—Naples production expenditures and maintenance costs to submit for annual budgeting consideration.
• Submit to the Finance Department, with accuracy and promptness, payroll summary reports for Call-In Crew and House Crew.
• Provide support for the Artistic Operations Director as needed in cases of illness, scheduling conflicts or unavailability.
• Prepare daily reports, payroll and other reports with accuracy and consistency.
• Provide support for IATSE contract negotiations as required by the EVP Artistic Operations.
• Oversee care and maintenance of stage technical gear. Budget for and order replacement gear, coordinate inspections and replenishment of expendables.
• Work effectively with all Artis—Naples team members.
• Maintain and archive accurate event files.
Bachelor’s degree in theatre, business or related field preferred; or equivalent experience in similar position.
The applicant shall demonstrate knowledge of and experience in all aspects of modern stage production, including orchestral, dance, theatre, meeting and lecture, and popular music. Must have ability to handle numerous details in a thorough and careful manner. Must have excellent communication and interactive skills.
About Artis Naples
Artis—Naples is the premier destination for the visual and performing arts in Southwest Florida. We are driven to inspire, educate and entertain by presenting world-class events that enrich our community. With the generous support of our patrons, we offer a unique range of programs — including music, film, dance, comedy, lectures and exhibitions featuring internationally acclaimed artists. Our interdisciplinary approach cultivates a broader appreciation for art in its many forms.