- Teach graduate and undergraduate piano with possible other class in a piano related area
- Perform faculty solo and chamber music concerts
- Recruit and retain a class of high-quality graduate and undergraduate piano students
- Develop and maintain visibility in the state, region, nation and internationally as a performer and artist teacher
Master’s or equivalent experience -Piano Performance
- Proven success as a performing artist
- Proven successful studio teaching at the university level
Required Application Materials
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Live recent video recording of varied solo repertoire (additional recordings of chamber music and/or concertos may be submitted)
- Contact information for 3 current letters of recommendation
- Videos should be easily accessible to the committee members (YouTube, Google Drive links, etc.).
- Re: Letters of recommendation: Applicants will be prompted to enter the e-mail addresses of three references and these references will be contacted through the application system and given 30 days to upload letters.
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Internal Number: 617169
About Michigan State University
Spartans work every day to advance the common good in uncommon ways.Together, we tackle some of the world?s toughest problems to find solutions that make life better?from alternative energy to better food safety to breakthrough medical and environmental applications achieved through rare isotope research.We teach. We explore and we discover. We collaborate and lead. We innovate, inspire, and empower. We achieve our potential and create circumstances that help our students and others achieve theirs.We're good at it, and we've been at it for more than 150 years.The nation?s pioneer land-grant university, MSU began as a bold experiment that democratized higher education and helped bring science and innovation into everyday life. The revolutionary concept became a model for the nation.Today, MSU is one of the top research universities in the world?on one of the biggest, greenest campuses in the nation. Home to nationally ranked and recognized academic, residential college, and service-learning programs, we?re a diverse community of dedicated students and scholars, athletes and artists, scientists and leaders.In ways both practical and profound, we work to create a stronger, more sustainable, and more hopeful future for all.