The Interim Executive Director provides strategic, fiscal, production, facility and artistic leadership of the Community Arts Center on behalf of the Pennsylvania College of Technology and the Community of Williamsport. Serves the Board of Directors and hires, supervises, and evaluates staff. This interim position will start January 6, 2020.
- Provides leadership and decision-making for the CAC. In consultation with the Board of Directors and CAC Directors, the Interim Executive Director serves as the final authority on day-to-day decisions made for the organization.
- Provides staff guidance and holds them accountable, all while supporting morale and providing support.
- In consultation with the Director of Finance, provides guidance on cash-flow management, budgetary priorities, and approves major spending requests.
- Reviews staff recommendations and requests to compile an annual operating budget.
- In consultation with the Production Director, ensures all backstage and technical needs and requirements are met. Supervises the Production Director as primary point of contact for the producing and/or presenting managers or advance teams.
- In consultation with the production team and maintenance staff, ensures the upkeep of the physical plant, ensures safety of employees and audiences, provides guidance in an emergency situation, and leads conversations concerning long-term facility needs.
- In consultation with the Development Director, attend CAC and public events to promote the CAC and its priorities.
- Signs all contracts and riders for performances onstage, and other facility uses at the CAC. Overall responsible for all facility use/rental contracts, production contracts and any accompanying documents or permits.
- Serves as primary point of contact for all local, state, and national cultural, professional, and business associations, for the purposes of conducting business and/or furthering the goals of the CAC.
- Meets regularly with influential community members, county and city officials, and the CAC’s community partners. Leads the CAC in maintaining a strong positive position in the community fabric of Williamsport and its surrounding communities.
- Acts as spokesperson for the CAC relative to its activities and goals, through such opportunities as speaking engagements, seminars, as well as through social interaction in and out of the facility.
- Attends all Board Meetings, meetings with Board leadership, and committee meetings where applicable. Discusses CAC priorities with the Board, reports to the Board and carries out the Board’s objectives.
- Upholds and supports the By-laws of the Organization.
For a detailed description of the Interim Executive Director position, visit our website at https://www.caclive.com/employment/. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to CACjobs@pct.edu. For maximum consideration, application materials should be submitted by November 4, 2019.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline (minimum)
- Master’s Degree (desired)
- 3 years leadership at a performing arts venue.
- Familiarity with all genres of performing arts and requirements to present them.
- Experience with organizational operating budget development and maintenance.
- Proven ability to accurately forecast budget and to manage approved budgets.
- Reputation for high artistic standards, honesty, integrity and exceptional management skills.
- Vested interest in community involvement.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proactive planning and leadership, with a focus on effective team management.
Additional Salary Information: We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, paid time off, retirement plan with a generous employer contribution, and excellent educational benefits for employees and dependents at Penn College and Penn State. For more information about the CAC, please visit our website at www.caclive.com.
About Community Arts Center
The Community Arts Center of Williamsport, PA is a 2,100 seat Performing Arts Center with a 25-year presenting history. The Center presents nationally touring artists and community performing arts groups in such genres as popular music, comedy, drama, acrobats, symphony, opera, jazz, blues, musical theater, and dance performances. The mission of the Community Arts Center is contributing to our communities through artistic experiences and creative collaborations.
BACK TO TOP
APAP Job Bank and Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else APAP has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at APAP Job Bank and Career Center.