Schedule Information: Day and/or evening part-time teaching positions, based on enrollment. Includes evening and weekend hours.
Hours Per Week: varies upon the needs of the students/departments
Duties of Position: Teach individual weekly private and group lessons to non-credit students and children enrolled in the Community Music and Arts Center programs (30 minute, 45 minute, 60 minute, 90 minute lessons).
- Communicate with other team members and share curriculum material and syllabus.
- Coordinate activities and schedules and maintain a consistent weekly presence.
- Prepare lesson plans, recitals and activities and complete student assessments.
- Participate in recruitment activities in and outside of the school.
- Prepare students for performances and activities.
- Integrate technology into the delivery of instruction.
- Attend department and faculty meetings.
- Attend CE Instructor dinners and other meeting when requested.
Educational Requirements: Formal training and degree/s in your discipline is preferred however experts in a particular musical tradition or style (India, China, Middle East, Balkans, Greece, Klezmer, Classical, Country, Jazz, Rock & Roll, Blues, Bluegrass, etc.) are also encouraged to apply and will be considered.
- Experience and passion for working with young children, adults, seniors and community organizations.
- Performance experience and a high level of proficiency in the style(s) are necessary.
- Ability to communicate ideas, concepts and demonstrate techniques to people of different ages, backgrounds and experience levels.
- Must have a strong commitment to teaching and a genuine interest in the life-long development of individual students.
- Positive attitude, excellent communication skills, openness to new ideas, self-starter attitude and willingness to work with professionals in other disciplines.
- High standard for quality, good judgement.
- Ability to teach more than one discipline is a plus.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire * Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
* This position is not SURS eligible
Internal Number: 493257
About Harper College
Harper College is a comprehensive community college dedicated to providing excellent education at an affordable cost, promoting personal growth, enriching the local community and meeting the challenges of a global society. The specific purposes of the College are: To provide the first two years of baccalaureate education in the liberal and fine arts, the natural and social sciences and pre-professional curricula designed to prepare students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities; To provide educational opportunities that enable students to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to enter a specific career; To provide continuing educational opportunities for professional job training, retraining and upgrading of skills and for personal enrichment and wellness; To provide developmental instruction for under-prepared students and educational opportunities for those who wish to improve their academic abilities and skills; To provide co-curricular opportunities that enhance the learning environment and develop the whole person. Essential to achieving these purposes are all of the College's resources, support programs and services.