The Programming Coordinator is responsible for general administrative and programming duties related to all Victoria Theatre Association venues, and specifically VTA presentations, productions, and events. This position reports to the President & CEO and works closely with Vice President of Education, to complete other programming initiatives and assigned tasks pertaining to the daily operations of their department. The Programming Coordinator will gain experience researching artists, negotiating contracts, and cultivating relationships with key music industry representatives including agents, managers, label representatives, publicists, co-presenters, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the CEO with the general administration of presentations, productions, and events including calendar confirmations, avails, gathering riders, ticket reporting, event coverage, and other needs as assigned.
• Create show offers in conjunction with the CEO.
• Manage and maintain the season calendar for all departments.
• Manages the on-sale process and calendar for all Victoria Theatre Association shows, co-presentations and performances. Works with VP Ticketing on show builds and acts as the primary department liaison for all ticketing issues related to Victoria Theatre Association engagements.
• Assist with show duties as assigned and works collaboratively with the Victoria Theatre Association staff and artists to ensure all needs are met for each engagement. Provides performance coverage support when needed and often settles shows.
• Settles shows and expense reconciliations with staff and promoters as needed.
• Assists in artist booking and event management process for Victoria Theatre Association special projects including lectures and other programs.
• Proficiency in MS Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and especially strong in Excel to include formulas
• Adept mathematical skills
• Excellent communication skills are required
• Extremely detail oriented, must be a team player with the ability to multi-task
• Strong organizational skills
• Must be able to take direction and go
• Experience with performing arts or entertainment presentation preferred
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a related area required; MBA preferred. A minimum of two years of working experience in programming or in an Administrative Assistant capacity. MBA considered in lieu of work experience.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
• Works a flexible schedule: day, evening, weekend hours and holidays, as required
• Manual dexterity required to operate computers and peripherals
• Interacts with employees and management
• Competing priorities with medium-high control over individual priorities
• Moderate-high levels of considerable mental concentration
• Sitting, standing and walking
VTA Celebrates Inclusivity! We are an EE/M/D/V Employer by Choice.
About Victoria Theatre Association
Victoria Theatre Association attracts world-class shows and performances that have delighted Dayton audiences for decades. The world comes to you, as you can choose from 300 performances each year that grace our stages. The collected talent provides laughs, thrills, dance, drama, impactful artistic tours de force, and awe-inspiring achievements. This is your cultural hub, Dayton. Join us, take your seat, and get ready for the curtain to rise.