Alliance Artist Management seeks an energetic and self-motivated intern to join our dynamic company which represents 16 active artists/ensembles. Student candidates are highly encouraged. The primary learning objective of this internship is gain an immersive working experience of artist management in of classical ensembles (orchestra, vocal, chamber music, and "modern classical") with specific attention given to the evolving industry trends and the adaptations management firms must make to accommodate shifting perspectives and interests while maintaining high profession standards to the longstanding industry practices.
Applicants should have an interest in artist management and classical music, as well as excellent writing ability, attention to detail, and a basic understanding of office operations. Applicants should be prepared to commit 20-24 hours each week in our upper Manhattan office. Stipend is $100 a week and we will insure compliance with school requirements to insure available credits are applied.
The position is available starting in January and will extend into May. We are also at this time seeking summer internships for the periods of May-September 2019.
Responsibilities will include, among other tasks:
• Distributing marketing materials per presenter/artist request
• Assisting with logistical arrangements for engagements of artists, including liaising with the ensemble and presenter directly
• Issuing and processing contracts on behalf of artists, in conjunction with Managerial Associate
• Assisting with the filing of legal forms and procedures including visa applications as well as foreign and domestic tax forms
• Coordinating with Managerial Associate for administrative internal tasks as necessary
• Updating and maintaining important contact information for arts presenters worldwide.
• Providing general office support and administrative coordination.
• Attending rostered artists' concerts and events as applicable
• If applicable, intern with foreign language skills will contact targeted international presenters to pitch artists for foreign engagements
Alliance Artist Management's portfolio boasts some of the most distinguished and sought-after ensembles performing today, from our vocal ensembles, chamber music ensembles, to our touring orchestras and attractions. The ensembles of AAM's roster each embody the highest artistic standards, a unique commercial appeal, and bring a distinctive innovation to their particular form. Recognizing the importance of engaging future concert-goers and enlisting uninitiated audiences to the rich experiences of live performance is central to our company's goals, and guides the work we do.
BACK TO TOP
APAP Job Bank and Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else APAP Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at APAP Job Bank and Career Center.