Pomegranate Arts, an independent performing arts production company dedicated to the development of major international performing arts projects, seeks an intelligent, resourceful individual with exceptional communication skills to serve as the organization’s Office Manager and Executive Assistant.
In this position, you'll play a pivotal role in keeping this boutique company’s activities organized and moving forward. You're a self-starter who is passionate about improving processes and is responsive to changing priorities. You embody a gracious client service mentality and exhibit sound judgment and discretion at all times. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and is comfortable both taking direction and working independently with minimal supervision. A confident calm demeanor and a sense of humor are also greatly appreciated.
· Managing all office operational logistics from the mundane to the meaningful, including office supply inventory, technical troubleshooting, petty cash, database updates, and vendor relations
· Providing office reception services, including triaging all incoming calls and greeting guests
Providing a wide range of administrative support to the President and Managing Director, Creative as needed, including scheduling meetings and booking complex domestic and international travel and accommodations for key members of the team
Keeping artist touring schedules up to date across multiple platforms (calendars, databases, tour schedule, etc.)
· Working closely with the Managing Director, Creative and Presenters to prepare and produce promotional materials along with tracking final proofs.
Making arrangements for house seats and processing ticket orders for the President and Managing Director, Creative for live performance events both in New York and across the globe.
Supervising part-time intern(s)
As you become more familiar with Pomegranate, helping to create systems to improve the workflow
Website Information maintenance and assistance with Pomegranate Arts social media
Starting Salary: mid $30k’s
Health insurance provided after 90 days.
Immediate start date.
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line LAST NAME, FIRST NAME – Office Manager/Executive Assistant Application. As strong writing skills are integral to this position, please elaborate on your interest and experience in your cover letter. We kindly request no phone calls.
Pomegranate Arts is an independent production company dedicated to the development of international contemporary performing arts projects. Since its inception, Pomegranate Arts has conceived, produced, or represented projects by Philip Glass, Laurie Anderson, Taylor Mac, Batsheva, London’s Improbable Theatre, Sankai Juku, Dan Zanes, Lucinda Childs and Goran Bregovic. Special projects include the revival of Robert Wilson, Philip Glass, and Lucinda Childs’ Olivier award-winning production of Einstein on the Beach; Dracula: The Music And Film with Philip Glass and the Kronos Quartet; the music theater work Shockheaded Peter; Brazilian vocalist Virginia Rodrigues; Drama Desk Award winning Charlie Victor Romeo; Healing The Divide, A Concert for Peace and Reconciliation, presented by Philip Glass and Richard Gere; and Hal Willner's Came So Far For Beauty, An Evening Of Leonard Cohen Songs. Current and upcoming projects include the international tour of Available Light by John Adams, Lucinda Childs and Frank Gehry, Taylor Mac’s A 24-Decade History of Popular Music, Bassem Youssef’s The Joke Is Mightier than the Sword, and the North American tours of Sankai Juku’s Meguri and Batsheva’s Venezuela.
· BA or BS degree with a strong academic background preferred
· Superior organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Ability to handle shifting priorities and remain responsive to changing office needs
Keen attention to detail with a low error rate
Ability to flourish in a fast paced environment with high standards
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including a professional phone manner and the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of people
An innate ability to solve problems creatively
· Confidence and knowledge for basic IT, including proficiency in a Mac environment, proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and the drive to pick up new skills as needed. Graphic design and audio/visual experience (InDesign, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro) along with basic web design/html is a plus.
Knowledge and/or strong interest in the contemporary performing arts field is a definite plus
Ability to work some long and/or unpredictable hours as needed
A self-starter for whom no task is too small
Additional Salary Information: Mid-$30,000's depending on experience
Pomegranate Arts is a boutique production company based in New York City dedicated to the development of international performing arts projects. We specialize in elite touring projects in contemporary dance, theatre, music and performance art.