Accountabilities & Expectations:
- Serve as lead member of our Events Department technical & on-site teams
- Supervise and hands-on manage project logistics, including crew management & supervision.
- Comprehensive understanding of how to produce large scale events which require the coordination of site analysis, staging, rigging, lighting, audio, video, power, etc. We’re not looking for an engineer, but someone who is fluent in the full range of production language and concerns.
- Translate design/creative concept into detailed project estimate and basic CAD/3D drawings delivered on a timely basis. Collaborate/support with the creative team as in-house technical expert.
- Prepare quotes for clients; present technical plans and pricing to clients, make required changes needed and follow the process through sale and realization of the project
- Supervise all project logistics, including crew management & supervision
- Familiarity with all technical aspects of staging, rigging, lighting, audio, video, power, etc is required
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to track time on multiple projects
- Ability to effectively communicate aesthetic and technical concerns to clients and colleagues in a professional manner.
- Be highly organized and have the ability to track time on multiple projects of varying scale
- Bachelors degree (AA considered with 5-7 years applied experience)
- 5 years minimum experience leading the technical side of large scale event production, design and implementation.
- Crew supervision and leadership experience
- Hands-on experience with relevant gear required (See Below)
- Ability & willingness to work nights and/or weekend as needed
- A valid driver’s license
- Must be proficient with Mac & MS office
- Must be proficient with tools and software of the event production trade
- Capable of taking direction and helpful constructive criticism in a collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a diverse staff
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Experience working with venues, union labor, etc
- MUST have a good sense of humor & strong work ethic!
Specific Equipment & Disciplines
- Lighting programming / Lighting fixture knowledge
- Road Hog, Grand MA
- LED Video wall rigging, mapping, etc
- Video switching: Image Pro, Analog Way, Tricaster
- Cameras such as Sony PMW-EX3
- Large format projection: Barco, Christie, etc
- Power distribution & generators
- Audio mixing consoles
- Steel Deck staging
- Truss construction & load calculations
Work/life balance: We say it, we mean it! Seriously, take vacation when you need it, so long as it’s cool with your team. Flexible vacation offered; we believe in rewarding hard work as you achieve your goals! Benefits package: medical 50/50, employee financed vision and dental offered, paid sick/vacation time.
If you feel you are a qualified fit for the job, send your resume with cover letter, portfolio, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org