The Public Theater is looking for a full time Marketing Manager to work in Joe’s Pub. The Marketing Manager will strategize and execute marketing for 800 annual performances within the venue and will handle brand promotion in connection with Joe’s Pub’s commission program, artist working group, social media presence and national curatorial series.
Oversee promotion of Joe’s Pub programming, ensuring alignment with Public Theater and Joe’s Pub brand and strategies:
- Conceptualize and execute print and digital promo tools with in-house graphic designers.
- Manage Joe’s Pub digital ads, cross promotion and dedicated e-blasts.
- Collect and analyze audience metrics and feedback to develop audience analysis and suggest opportunities for improvement within department processes.
- Set ticket sales goals while tracking marketing efforts across all platforms and monitor performance trends.
- Research and coordinate cross-promotion with other organizations and ad placements.
- Manage the design and promotion of Joe’s Pub events and collateral.
- Coordinate print and online advertising.
- Collaborate on promotion on all social media platforms with Press Manager and Communications Assistant.
Manage Joe’s Pub media and digital presence:
- Hire videographers to capture and edit content as necessary.
- Manage technical aspect of streaming Joe’s Pub performances via YouTube page and capturing archival video.
- Build and grow Joe’s Pub’s online presence and content.
Manage Joe’s Pub website and department digital needs including content management and ticket information:
- Build relevant sub-pages for new programming initiatives and projects as needed.
- Represent Joe’s Pub in organization-wide web, digital and web project management meetings and workflow.
- Work with Public Theater digital services department to identify, prioritize and implement Joe’s Pub-specific goals.
Work with Press Manager and Associate Director to oversee schedule and workload of Communications Assistant:
- Conceptualize and work with Communications Assistant on large-scale branding and marketing campaign ideas.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have 5+ years marketing experience and be highly organized, detail-oriented and systematic with strong time management skills and the ability to work well in a team; have strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly copywriting and editing. Proficiency with programs within Microsoft Office suite; Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator; and social media platforms required, including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram as well as also analyzing social media metrics and advertising.
Have a working knowledge of New York City music/arts scene and be a self-motivated, creative, forward thinker.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
ABOUT JOE’S PUB: Joe’s Pub at The Public is one of New York City’s most celebrated venues for emerging and established performance artists. Named for Public Theater founder Joe Papp, Joe’s Pub debuted in 1998 and plays a vital role in The Public’s mission of supporting young artists while providing established artists with an intimate space to perform and develop new work. Joe’s Pub presents talent from all over the world as part of The Public’s programming downtown at its Astor Place home, hosting approximately 800 shows and serving over 100,000 audience members annually.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org