Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center at Auburn University
July 24, 2018
$45,100 - $75,100
Full Time - Experienced
Marketing, Operations, Patron Services
4 Year Degree
Job Summary: Patron Services Manager
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications at the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center, the Patron Services Manager will be responsible for managing the front-of-house and daily operations of the ticket sales office and house management team, providing leadership in ticketing system administration, customer service, single ticket and subscription sales, budget and financial oversight, and staff management for the ticket sales office, concierge desk, ushers, concessions, security, housekeeping, parking, and merchandise sales for performances and events held at GPAC.
The following essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon unit needs. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities of the job.
1. Supervises and manages all day-to-day, performance, and event front-of-house operations including oversight of staff, volunteers, and other pertinent vendors in ticket sales, house management, safety and security, concessions, merchandise sales, parking, and housekeeping.
2. Manages CRM ticketing and point-of-sale software and hardware functionality and maintenance, event and series implementation and scaling, patron data analysis and reporting, and all other administrative responsibilities associated with CRM ticketing software and hardware.
3. Supervises the ticket sales office including the management and oversight of ticket fulfillment processing, CRM payment processing, customer service best practices implementation, and University and AU Foundation financial accounting, reporting, and cash management.
4. Works collaboratively with Marketing and Communications and Development staff on annual performances, campaigns, programs, and events to reach and exceed institutional goals.
5. Conducts staff, volunteer, and vendor training on basic roles and responsibilities, industry practices, safety and evacuation procedures outlined in the Emergency Action Plan (EAP), and venue operating policies, which include the creation, implementation, and review of training documents.
6. Strategizes, documents, and implements an Emergency Action Plan for GPAC working in coordination with the Executive Director, Director of Production, and key University personnel.
7. Coordinates and ensures ADA and accessibility compliance for GPAC's facilities, programming, and services.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications and Marketing at GPAC.
Entry into applicant pool requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Theatre, Arts Administration, Theatre Management, Business Administration, or relevant field however, employer may consider relevant experience in lieu of education, at a rate of two (2) years relevant experience per year of required education.
Five (5) years of experience in box office, ticket sales, patron services, and/or front-of-house administration or management in performing arts, theatre, dance, music, or related industry.
At least two (2) years' supervisory experience required.
Experience in the performing arts industry preferred.
Strong knowledge of computer applications in Windows and Mac environments including CRM ticketing software (Tessitura, AudienceView, Vedini, etc.) and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Office 365 applications (OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
CPR and AED certifications required or must be obtained within the first 90 days of employment.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment system and attach the following: cover letter, resume, and references. Only complete applications will be considered.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required.
International Association of Venue Managers Academy for Venue Safety and Security and/or CVP or CVE certification preferred.
* * * * *
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
* * * * *
About Auburn University Auburn University is one of the nation’s premier land-grant institutions, and in 2018 it was ranked 46th among public universities by U.S. News and World Report. Auburn maintains high levels of research activity and high standards for teaching excellence. Its 2017-18 enrollment of 29,776 students includes 23,964 undergraduates and 5,812 graduate and professional students. Organized into fifteen academic colleges and schools, Auburn’s 1,330 faculty members oversee more than 140 majors (undergraduate, graduate, and professional). The University is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, a positive work environment, research, community and global outreach, and student engagement.
About Auburn, Alabama Auburn residents enjoy a thriving community recognized as one of the “Best Small Towns in America,” with a moderate climate and easy access to major cities and outdoor recreational areas. Situated along the rapidly developing I-85 corridor between Atlanta, Georgia and Montgomery, Alabama; the combined Auburn-Opelika, Alabama-Columbus, Georgia statistical area has a population of over 500,000 with excellent public-school systems, outstanding recreation facilities, and a regional medical center.
Additional Salary Information: Salary Grade: 34
Internal Number: 27854
About Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center at Auburn University
The Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center at Auburn University is a multi-venue PAC serving the university and community through world-class performances and engagement opening in the fall of 2019.